Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Steering lock w/ throttle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
'08 2.2 National Champ

Default Steering lock w/ throttle

I have an intellespeed 16t esc running a 27t mod motor and and hitec 5998tg servo direct wired to the esc and when I turn and pull on the throttle the steering stays turned even when I let go of the wheel. When I let go of the throttle it goes back to center. Also even with a charged battery it's really slow too.
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgiveereh View Post
I have an intellespeed 16t esc running a 27t mod motor and and hitec 5998tg servo direct wired to the esc and when I turn and pull on the throttle the steering stays turned even when I let go of the wheel. When I let go of the throttle it goes back to center. Also even with a charged battery it's really slow too.

Sounds to me like the BEC on the Intellispeed isn't strong enought for the 5998TG. I think the Intellispeed is rated at 5volts/1amp.

Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg13x View Post

Sounds to me like the BEC on the Intellispeed isn't strong enought for the 5998TG. I think the Intellispeed is rated at 5volts/1amp.

I was kind of wondering that but I'm running power to the servo straight from the battery.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgiveereh View Post
I was kind of wondering that but I'm running power to the servo straight from the battery.
Then it could be too much for the battery or even the servo, since the servo is only rated for 6volt input. I'm assuming you are running 6 cells (7.2v).

I've overloaded my battery when running 2 5995's straight from the pack and giving throttle. The pack was quite hot at the end of the run and the servos acted like that when it was happening. But I would not discount that the problem could be the servo.

Oh, and just so we can be sure the problem isn't wiring related, how do you have it set up?
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
'08 2.2 National Champ

I finally got some time to check everything. It was the motor, I don't know if it was too much for the esc or what but I tried the stock motor out of a WK and it was fine. I noticed the motor smelled bad too.