Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spectrum DX2 Interference

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Spectrum DX2 Interference

I was just out crawlin' at the local track today and had a hiccup with my spectrum radio. I was showing off all the cool mods I had done to my ax10, driving it up the wall and stuff, when one of the guys from the pits came in and asked if we had been running anything 'cuz his steering was freaking out. We showed him that it was just my spectrum radio that was on and that it couldn't cause interference to his system. we went over to his car and he had his DX3.0 next to it. Sure enough, as soon as I got close to his car with my radio, the LED on the receiver started to flicker and the servo started going nuts. I couldn't believe it, aren't spectrum radios not supposed to interfere with each other, especially if there is only two operating? So I re-bound my system and that seemed to fix the interference. weird huh?
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysharona View Post
I was just out crawlin' at the local track today and had a hiccup with my spectrum radio. I was showing off all the cool mods I had done to my ax10, driving it up the wall and stuff, when one of the guys from the pits came in and asked if we had been running anything 'cuz his steering was freaking out. We showed him that it was just my spectrum radio that was on and that it couldn't cause interference to his system. we went over to his car and he had his DX3.0 next to it. Sure enough, as soon as I got close to his car with my radio, the LED on the receiver started to flicker and the servo started going nuts. I couldn't believe it, aren't spectrum radios not supposed to interfere with each other, especially if there is only two operating? So I re-bound my system and that seemed to fix the interference. weird huh?
good point.. I was going to video some and I had some rig from doing Mountain Biking video shoot and made some wireless(2.4) . as soon as I used it killed the video and did work on radio.. must be something to do with freq , chan. code does not lock in not to interfere with other devices
jmizoguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

anyone else experience this with spectrum to spectrum radios? The camera thing is wierd too...
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
Keep it real

I have seen it firsthand, but mainly between the DX6 and the DX3.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote