Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Towerpro mg945

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Towerpro mg945

I tried the 945s in my super clod , but they lasted less than an hour . Not due to letting of smoke , or breakage of gears . But because of case wear around the countershaft . The hole that the shaft rides in on the top cover , wallowed out side to side , allowing the gear to move and lock-up the gear train . I've seen this posted here in another thread ,with the answer being use robots . And thats what I'm doing . But I can't leave well enough alone .
It appears that the Hitech case is the same . I swapped the cover from my 645 as a test . The case is available , and cheep enough , but is it worth the trouble ?
I suspect that the courser cut of the gears is part of the trouble , adding to side load on the gear . The cover is somewhat of a soft plastic .
Has anyone tried to repair this . or I'm I chasing snipes again ? I just hate to get so little out of things .
It used to be that my job was to repaired things , now I put Band-Aids on telephone troubles , and repairing things has become my hobby . Crawling just gives my a new source or broken things .
Frank3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links