Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Topher Builds an IFS Baja Bug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2020, 09:44 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Topher Builds an IFS Baja Bug

Alright man I found this thread after I dropped a comment on your youtube.

How does it drive at speed with the front OD gearing??
I would think that could make it squirrely or unpredictable?
Have you tried running it with front shaft removed? I'm curious how that would drive.
Almost curious enough to sell my kyosho outlaw rampage pro to see for myself...?
Would LOVE to build a little baja prerunner truck out of a setup like this.
You gotta be proud man. It's like element copied your recipe for the gatkeeper!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2020, 09:00 AM   #42
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Alright man I found this thread after I dropped a comment on your youtube.

How does it drive at speed with the front OD gearing??
I would think that could make it squirrely or unpredictable?
Have you tried running it with front shaft removed? I'm curious how that would drive.
Almost curious enough to sell my kyosho outlaw rampage pro to see for myself...?
Would LOVE to build a little baja prerunner truck out of a setup like this.
You gotta be proud man. It's like element copied your recipe for the gatkeeper!
What’s up Chris! Thanks for bumping this thread, I meant to come and share the video you’re talking about here.

So at speed it isn’t too much of a hindrance to me, you definitely feel the back end following and almost being flung around by the front, so it’s a different feel when you’re going all Miami Vice and trying to turn at the same time. Sort of feels like a fwd car to a point.

I haven’t tried it with just the rear output since I’ve done more crawling than hooning with it but you got me thinking now. I wonder if it’d be fun on loose dirt with the OD going to the rear instead. There’s a nice trailing arm kit out now that mounts them to the sides and moves the shocks for a much more Baja type of behavior. I can’t recall off the top of my head who makes it though. The trailrunner in the video has it installed and it seems pretty nice.

The gatekeeper is pretty cool! Love the trailing arms and the sway bar and the overall look. I saw a 1:1 on Instagram that looked very similar. I’m thinking about getting one and moving the ifs over to the gatekeeper and then turning this one back into the sendero to big twin with the enduro 24. We’ll see. I still have a trailrunner body that needs a home too.

Here’s the YouTube video for anyone that feels like watching

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #43
Go Buckeyes!

You know TB, the first time I caught a glimpse of the new Gatekeeper I instantly thought of your Baja Bug build!

The Gatekeeper does look cool and would look great with the IFS! I'll be waiting for a new TB Gatekeeper build thread!

And your little guy does need a big brother!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:54 AM   #44
Gold Star Baby!

Time to update this thread again, changes were due for the Baja Bug as the body had seen better days. I had picked up a Trailrunner body a while back and decided to go tiny tires and try to fit it on the stretched out ifs chassis. Tossed around a lot of ideas for paint scheme and landed on slapping the enduro logo on there. Colors used are Tamiya bright gun metal, metallic orange, pearl white, and black.

Since I’m not running the full front bumper I scooted the front up a tad and it’s all working out pretty well. Wheels and tires are class 0 BFG Krawlers and Ssd 1.9 prospect. Love this pairing.

I also have a 8t crawlmaster sport to throw in for a smoother throttle than the 12t trailmaster sport I have in there now.

Will be a few weeks before this one is in the wild but looking forward to some trailing with it.
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote

Topher Builds an IFS Baja Bug - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
topher builds a TRX10.2 Topher Builds Traxxas TRX-4 60 01-05-2021 07:59 PM
topher builds a Capra Topher Builds Axial Capra 100 03-16-2020 08:03 AM