Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Upgrading and optimizing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2020, 02:24 AM   #1

Default Upgrading and optimizing.

Hi guys...

Just decided what to do with a Builders kit i have sitting on the shelf. I want to trick it out and do some lovely upgrading, to boost the performance. First of, its going to be a trail/crawler rig. No extreme crawling for this one..

So first of, i will add a set of Beeftubes. Not the hard version.
And to go along with them, some C hubs and knuckles from SSD.
Then some alu and brass chassis bracings. Brand not decided yet... Any recommendations?

I also want to add some "Husky Link" Hi-Clearance Suspension Links and some shock mounts in alu.

So far so good... Any other good upgrades to do?
BrickBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2020, 04:44 AM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Upgrading and optimizing.

Congrats on the getting the kit and welcome to RCC!

For the shock towers, I use the Samix. They are made very well and look great! They offer different color options. I run these on my SCX10.2 and TRX-4 also.

Name:  IMG_4687 (2).jpg
Views: 548
Size:  160.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4688 (2).jpg
Views: 554
Size:  165.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4695 (2).jpg
Views: 572
Size:  121.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4696 (2).jpg
Views: 559
Size:  111.1 KB

Here is a link to my Enduro build if you want to check it out:B-MOW's Enduro Journey!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Personally I'd skip the brass chassis braces.

Only reason to use brass replacement parts is to add unsprung weight, lowering your cog, where it is hard to add extra weight without it being seen.

If you really want to add sprung weight, which will RAISE your cog, you could just use cheap wheel balancing weights, fishing weights etc. Not hard to hide weight in and around the chassis.

Purpose of chassis bracing is to stiffen it up, making the suspension cycle more predictable.

Again, my personal opinion here is that chassis bracing isn't the first and most important mod to help performance, tires, lowering cog, tuning suspension etc have far more value at first.
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #4

Nice build Brian.
I can see that many of my desired parts is a wise choice.
Good with some inspiration from other rigs.

Regarding chassis bracings, i am thinking of alu bracing, only brass in the front. But might go alu there also... Im going to get a front bracing wich moves the steeeing servo further out front.

Thank you for the welcome..
Old 04-05-2020, 01:02 AM   #5

Quick question. Does it really matter anything grabbing Beeftubes "hard" version Vs regular ? I know AE does hard on many racing models, but is this really needed on a trail rig ?
Old 04-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

The hard plastic chassis braces and servo mount from Element work fine and dont add extra weight. Dont waste money on the brass/aluminum ones.

Also I think you're going way overboard for just a trailrunning truck. Mine is mostly stock with hard plastic chassis braces and servo mount, with SSD brass diff covers and metal wheels. Goes over everything on our tracks indoor crawler course. Truck performs great without much at all. I even grabbed the hard plastic skid plate but didnt even bother putting it on.

This video was before the SSD diff covers were even installed. You'll be fine on a trail without all that stuff. Use the money for your body, light kit, etc where the upgrades will be fun and actually useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLkHI2klHY0&t

Running round the yard with the SDD covers on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCOH5K234OM&t

Last edited by SledgehogRC; 04-05-2020 at 10:10 AM.
SledgehogRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Upgrading and optimizing. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrading help 541MM Newbie General 1 03-10-2019 07:49 AM
optimizing shock lenght and angle. Ditchrat General Crawlers 4 04-14-2018 05:25 PM
Need help optimizing suspension/chassis cen0 Vaterra Ascender 4 02-04-2016 02:02 PM
upgrading servo without upgrading esc 1998xjspt Newbie General 5 01-06-2015 10:23 PM
Optimizing my esc for worm gears camobob Team Losi Comp Crawler 10 01-13-2011 05:47 PM