Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Thoughts on Treal parts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2020, 05:18 PM   #1

Default Thoughts on Treal parts?

I saw some "Treal" weighted brass parts on Amazon and I was wondering if anyone here has used them? I hate buying anything with no reviews so I'm wondering if any of you have tried them.

Here is the two I'm most interested getting some reviews on:
Thanks all!
mys4.org is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2020, 05:45 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Thoughts on Treal parts?

I've heard mixed reviews on the Treal products. SSD is tried and true and the owner is here on the forums quite often.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?...lement+Enduro+

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #3

I have the front knuckles and am very happy with mine. I also got their lower shock mounts and am happy with those as well.
Cablman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cablman View Post
I have the front knuckles and am very happy with mine. I also got their lower shock mounts and am happy with those as well.
Good to hear

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2020, 01:02 PM   #5

Well I went out and bought both the front steering knuckles and rear axle weights for both Trailwalkers I own. I want to write a review about running them specifical with stock wheels (keep that in mind).

Front Steering knuckles, super tight tolerance. I guess if you are out for the most weight I would think this is a good thing, but the steering end links is maybe a mm or less from touching the knuckle.Everything rotates just fine with stock end links, but I wonder if anyone uses different end links if this would become more of a problem. I flipped the screw and nut upside down that connect the end link to the steering knuckle to get the most clearance as possible. Not that it really matters as it doesn't rotate at all.

The one feature about the steering knuckles I really do like is the round shape. It would be almost impossible for anything to get caught on it. I would think it should reduce a lot of crap from wrapping around the axle in the wheel well. Just a thought, haven't tested that yet.

[Pictures Coming Soon]

The other things I notice for both the steering knuckles and rear axle weights is that they nearly touch the the inner part of the wheel. I should add that I'm running oversized 8mm hexes (https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/knk12x8brae.htm) to give my trailwalker a wider stance with the stock wheels. If I wasn't running these there is no way you could use these weights in any corner with stock trailwalker wheels. I really think this is for the Sendero with the bigger 1.9 wheels. As many people opt for the bigger wheels this likely is a non-issue.

My final thoughts....

Zero instructions are included, so for those new to rc this might not be a good kit. That said it is super easy to install like most weighted accessories. Most of the included screws that were included in the front steering knuckles I didn't use as the stock screws worked just fine with a little loctite. I do like the color options...One is the black with highlights of brass and a solid brass option. I don't like the full "bling" of all brass so the black is a good mix of a little show (sorry took pictures of my daughter's truck with the solid brass).

Would I recommend these, I don't see why not. If run into any issues I'll post them up as they happen.

Last edited by mys4.org; 05-14-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Thoughts on Treal parts? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Treal axles? twisted Axial Capra 2 03-20-2020 10:56 AM
Treal Overdrive gears testing JMHZ2401 Redcat Crawlers 3 11-19-2019 08:09 PM
Treal overdrive gears installed and tested JMHZ2401 Redcat Crawlers 2 11-06-2019 06:25 AM
Thoughts... ittybitty South Carolina 11 11-07-2011 04:49 PM