Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: ABS body - fittment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2020, 05:21 PM   #1

Default ABS body - fittment

Hi all,

I am new to this hobby and I own Sendero for couple of months.
So far happy with the chassis and the body also. I made some outside paint job there and now waiting for my light kit and scale accessories (and IFS).

However I am interested in buying ABS body from Injora. Specifically Jeep body with plastic interior.
I did lot of YT research and people mounting on SCX10ii must adjust a lot, luckily the seats are still usable. Only between them is huge transmission. Element and SCX10ii has very similar bodies, but it doesn’t mean the same.
Anybody has some experience with mounting it on Element chassis and what adjustment must be done to fit it properly? Below are pictures of the ABS body I am interested in.

Thank you all in advance for any kind words and ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kejmildoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2020, 08:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: ABS body - fittment

Sorry no experience with this combo but I can see the tranny will take up a good chunk of the interior space. This is not to say it isn't do-able but It will take some patience and a lot of tinkering to modify it to fit.

You could cut up and rebuild the interior to fit around the tranny. Or maybe simply cut away until it clears and then add back a Driver and passenger figure and a dog thats sitting on the center console all to hide the cut up interior. Or pile some "scale" junk on top to hide the cut up interior.

Another route people take to fit an interior is to take out the stock drivetrain and come up with a front motor and tranny configuration that moves it out of the way. This method is pretty involved but you get to keep the interior intact this way.
I'm not sure I could bring myself to remove my Enduro stealth trannies, the built in overdrive is very nice.

If you're interested in that last technique you can find some examples of that on the Extreme scale performace youtube channel, he also builds a ton of Jeeps.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCol...G49mdr4G-LmrlQ

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 05-22-2020 at 08:31 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote

ABS body - fittment - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help, abs plastic body silvermag Paint and Body 4 10-06-2012 07:24 PM
Lexan vs. ABS body montana.matt Paint and Body 6 04-27-2008 10:08 PM