Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: GMade RSD shock Upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2021, 09:45 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default GMade RSD shock Upgrade

So I have been rolling on the stock shocks that came on my Sendero since I got it back in February.

They still worked well, but were leaking pretty badly. I figured out why when I took them off to check the oil in them today. The shaft will actually move back and forth in the guide cap by a significant amount. I wouldn't have thought they would be worn out from maybe 20 hours of run time, but it appears that they are.

I had a Set of RSD shocks that I was going to put on my Gatekeeper, but I could never get them to feel right. Even with the softest springs that Gmade offered, they wouldn't sag, and the spring would control everything about the movement of the shock.

I have a set of RC4WD 100 mm emulsion shocks that I tried for awhile, which by the way I do NOT recommend at all. They are the worst shocks I have ever had. The good news is that the springs were almost the perfect length for the RSD shocks, just a bit short. So I ordered the spring assortment from RC4WD for 110 mm shocks that they are the perfect length.

With the softest spings from that assortment, 100 weight oil front and rear, with the 4 hole pistons on the back, and three hole pistons on the front, they seem to work very well.

They have no back and forth in the guide cap, and with the 100 weight oil, they actually feel like a shock should, not like they are bouncing back on just the pressure of the spring.

With this setup, the fronts set at abut 90% droop with the battery in, and the rear sets at about 80%, which dropped the ride height on this rig by a half an inch.

I only got to run them about 15 minutes before it started pouring rain this afternoon, but initial impressions are that they do perform better than the stock shocks. They seem to articulate in a smoother manner, and be a bit more predictable on tough obstacles.

I will report further once I have a chance to really wring them out a bit more.
Maxx_Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2021, 04:47 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GMade RSD shock Upgrade

Get new x-rings ...problem solved .
You can purchase them from Tamiya or Traxxas.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Get new x-rings ...problem solved .
You can purchase them from Tamiya or Traxxas.
Yeah I can buy a rebuild kit for these shocks for 30 bucks, just didn't have it on hand so I thought I would try the Gmade shocks.
Maxx_Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_Action View Post
Yeah I can buy a rebuild kit for these shocks for 30 bucks,...
well ..xrings a re like 7 bucks
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote

GMade RSD shock Upgrade - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gmade rsd shock question saddlesore Axial SCX10 II 13 03-11-2019 07:33 AM
Gmade RSD Suspension? malickie Axial SCX10 II 134 09-18-2018 06:33 AM
Gmade transition 90mm shock upgrade... Lift! Catlover3178 Axial SCX-10 3 08-09-2017 02:06 PM