Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: My C1 done, for now

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2021, 09:04 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default My C1 done, for now

Element Chassis, trans and plastic

Savox 1212 servo ( I do not recommend this)

MambaX

Tenkin Roc 412 1800

RC4WD 1987 Toyota hard body

RCW4WD Warn winch controlled by SW3 ESC

AR44 Axles

TRX4 shocks

Metal bumpers and slider with body mounts, Blue Line Fabrication. https://www.facebook.com/bluelinefabricationrc

Hyrax G8 with stock foams

[IMG]done[/IMG]
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2021, 03:41 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: My C1 done, for now

how is the body attached to the enduro frame?
Jbtamu1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I've abandoned Savox servos also. Too power hungry. I'm giving AGFRC servos a try.

Dumb question - why the AR44 axles and not the stock enduro housings? More gearing options? Does the BTA steering still work?
CamoColton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:54 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbtamu1011 View Post
how is the body attached to the enduro frame?
I had sliders custom made that have mounting point set in the right place to fit that body to my chassis. The can be post as you see in the top picture or screw through the body holes into the mount as you see in the bottom pic. The last picture is not my RC, the top one is.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:01 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoColton View Post
I've abandoned Savox servos also. Too power hungry. I'm giving AGFRC servos a try.

Dumb question - why the AR44 axles and not the stock enduro housings? More gearing options? Does the BTA steering still work?
I would not consider anything but a direct power servo unless you have a good ESC with a good internal BEC that not only delivers the voltage for a better servo but also the needed amps.

Many think about the voltage but do not think about the amps. Enough Amps are neccessary if you want your servo to perform at its best. But then you have to worry about your receiver and any other accessories being able to handle the added voltage (amps are not a problem). I would want the internal BEC to deliver at least 6 amps, most are only 1 or 2 amps even though they have enough voltage. You can run off and external BEC with great results but that is more wiring and another component and if you have those other accessories or a receiver that can't handle the extra voltage you have to add in a bypass. It is just easier to go Direct power and not have to deal with the BEC and bypass crap. Less wiring and less components to fail.

The stock Enduro axles are low pinion and the shocks and links mount lower. This affects the ground clearance, esp the low pinion.

The low pinion also causes more torque twist.

AR44s are high pinion and links and shocks mount a little, better clearance esp wiht the pinion and they have less torque twist.

Plus far more option for parts and with AR44s. And they can be built stronger.

Last edited by MOguy; 07-01-2021 at 06:12 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:43 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
I would not consider anything but a direct power servo unless you have a good ESC with a good internal BEC that not only delivers the voltage for a better servo but also the needed amps.

Many think about the voltage but do not think about the amps. Enough Amps are neccessary if you want your servo to perform at its best. But then you have to worry about your receiver and any other accessories being able to handle the added voltage (amps are not a problem). I would want the internal BEC to deliver at least 6 amps, most are only 1 or 2 amps even though they have enough voltage. You can run off and external BEC with great results but that is more wiring and another component and if you have those other accessories or a receiver that can't handle the extra voltage you have to add in a bypass. It is just easier to go Direct power and not have to deal with the BEC and bypass crap. Less wiring and less components to fail.

The stock Enduro axles are low pinion and the shocks and links mount lower. This affects the ground clearance, esp the low pinion.

The low pinion also causes more torque twist.

AR44s are high pinion and links and shocks mount a little, better clearance esp wiht the pinion and they have less torque twist.

Plus far more option for parts and with AR44s. And they can be built stronger.

Good to know. I forgot about the high-pinion of the AR-44, and didn't know about the link mounts. Thanks.
CamoColton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:43 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoColton View Post
Good to know. I forgot about the high-pinion of the AR-44, and didn't know about the link mounts. Thanks.
There has been a couple new version of the Enduro and they still haven't changed the axles.

If they would get better axles it could probably be the best RTR.

Last edited by MOguy; 07-01-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:34 PM   #8
Go Buckeyes!

Man, them sliders look great! They fit the body well!

The whole rig looks great! Have always loved the look of this hard body!

I'd love to see more pics of this beauty!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:45 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Man, them sliders look great! They fit the body well!

The whole rig looks great! Have always loved the look of this hard body!

I'd love to see more pics of this beauty!
I had the sliders and bumpers custom made for specifically that RC by Blue Line Fabrication in Lebanon Missouri. The guys name is Scotty Bollin.