Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: 12.8 Wheel Base Conversion!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2021, 05:19 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 12.8 Wheel Base Conversion!

Have a BK2 and just noticed that a 12.8" wheelbase conversion is available.
It includes a longer upper and lower rear links and a longer aluminium rear drive shaft.

I am planning to use an Ecto body on this chassis and while the ecto was actually designed for this wheelbase, was wondering if there would be any downside to just extending the links but obviously omitting the swaybars?

So effectively I would have an ecto without the swaybars and no bulky rear trainling arm!
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2021, 06:02 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: 12.8 Wheel Base Conversion!

The Knightrunner essentially used those links as it is also 12.8”. However that comes stock with 1.55 wheels and thus smaller tires. Taller tires with the long links might cause more body roll which the sway bars would mitigate.

The trailing arms and shock mounts on the Ecto/Gatekeeper also enable more options for the shocks than may be possible with the stock BK hoops and the extended links. Look at the Knightrunner to see if they would work for your application.
nielsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 06:10 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 12.8 Wheel Base Conversion!

Ok so I went ahead and ordered the conversion....basically longer upper and lower rear links with the longer 75mm aluminium prop shaft.

To reduce any rear sway or induced body roll I already have a set of Element Blue and Yellow springs which I will try.

With these longer links and with the shocks mounted in the rear most mounting holes, they will be lying at an angle and would be too soft with the standard grey springs.

Unfortunately I only have the kit included 300 weight oil...along with many other bottles from Axial kits. Due to the colder temperatures in the UK I am reluctant to go higher for now.

I only plan to do the 12.8 extension once I receive the Ecto body....which may be some time as there is no ETA on when stock will arrive
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote

12.8 Wheel Base Conversion! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conversion kit for Traxxas bodies on Axial base rig? CGReload Paint and Body 3 09-13-2018 11:20 AM
Scx10 trail honcho wheel base conversion help drewman413 Newbie General 4 12-05-2013 07:49 PM
honcho on a small wheel base? and advantage of the long wheel base? Daddydancool Axial SCX-10 7 04-26-2011 06:29 PM
wheel base roglum New Mexico 11 04-01-2010 08:46 PM
wheel base Bam Bam Newbie General 0 03-17-2006 05:04 PM