Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: New element Enduro builder kit on the way

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2022, 04:32 AM   #1

Default New element Enduro builder kit on the way

Hey every one,

I just purchased a V1 builder kit I got at a good deal. I was wondering what are the points to be careful on during the build process.
I have ordered with Gatekeeper shock towers and Panhard bar mount, as it was a general weak point.
The goal will be to build step by step and get it ready for the upcoming good days, without snow and less mud.

Thanks!

Last edited by bartt; 02-08-2022 at 05:44 AM.
bartt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2022, 06:15 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New element Enduro builder kit on the way

You might find that the GK shock towers won't work for you if you're building a truck, as they move the rear shocks considerable forward.
As you can see, the rear GK shock tower are designed specifically to work with the trailing arms of the GK/Ecto, not the rear lower links of the other Enduro models. If you want 'stronger' shock towers for an Enduro truck build, you're probably going to be better off getting either the V2 towers, or one of machined aluminum towers.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

It’s a pretty straight forward kit, you shouldn’t have too much trouble.

The only thing I would point out, is the transmission can be a little tricky to assemble correctly. Just make sure you follow the instructions, use the correct top shaft for your trans orientation, and install the correct idler/output gear in the correct location

Have fun with the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
You might find that the GK shock towers won't work for you if you're building a truck, as they move the rear shocks considerable forward.

Thanks for the input, I have to admit I didn't check welle enough. As I want to use mainly the front one, that should be fine I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
It’s a pretty straight forward kit, you shouldn’t have too much trouble.

The only thing I would point out, is the transmission can be a little tricky to assemble correctly. Just make sure you follow the instructions, use the correct top shaft for your trans orientation, and install the correct idler/output gear in the correct location

Have fun with the build
Ok, will keep my eyes open and do not mess it, thanks!

Competition X has a pretty detailed build of that kit, that will give some read to do before receiving my kit.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:15 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
The only thing I would point out, is the transmission can be a little tricky to assemble correctly. Just make sure you follow the instructions, use the correct top shaft for your trans orientation, and install the correct idler/output gear in the correct location.
Oh yeah...but, at the same time, it's also one of the most enjoyable (after the VFD Twin in the VS4-10 Phoenix) transmissions to build.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 02-08-2022, 10:44 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

When I built my GK kit, I overtightened the C hubs. So that's my advice, don't do that lol.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 02:47 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

If you buy a second set of shock towers, the fronts from that set in the rear. The Builders Kit 2 does this.

Also you may want to pickup the Gatekeeper bumper mounts/servo mount parts tree. Those have the reliefs for the panhard nuts. I did this conversion on mine a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 03:12 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Pay close attention to bolt size and bolt length indicated in the assembly manual.
suprachrgd82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 12:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyro View Post
If you buy a second set of shock towers, the fronts from that set in the rear. The Builders Kit 2 does this.

Also you may want to pickup the Gatekeeper bumper mounts/servo mount parts tree. Those have the reliefs for the panhard nuts. I did this conversion on mine a while ago.
I didn't see that, that's a good thing to know
I will also get the servo mount from the GTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprachrgd82 View Post
Pay close attention to bolt size and bolt length indicated in the assembly manual.
I have read the manual and see there is teh front page with 1.1 size scale for the bolts. I guess it will useful.

Thanks for your feedback! The kit has arrived and the work will start soon
Old 03-05-2022, 07:04 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

This is primarily targeted to those who've either built a Gatekeeper kit, or have replaced the stock Rx in their GK and/or Ecto.

I'm not sure what others have done in regards to installing receivers...but, I just thought I'd share what I'm in the process of doing for the Gatekeeper Builders Kit (with IFS) I'm nearing completion on. I'm not expecting to be driving this thing through water...but, one never know what 'elements' our Element Enduros might cross paths with. Additionally, since I've removed the stock 'fuel cell'/Rx box, that's not even an option for me. Anyway, to here's my "solution":

The waterproof receiver box you see is the Traxxas 3628. I placed it in its 'spot, holding it forgot against the rear shock tower stabilizer/cross-piece, and, using a very thin dowel tipped with a little threadlock, I "marked" two spots on the bottom of the Rx box. After using a body reamer to open the holes, I used two M3x14mm screws, through the Rx box, and into/through the rear shock tower stabilizer. Finally, I added two M3 Nylock nuts (as extra 'precaution') to make sure the screws wouldn't "back themselves out".

Old 03-05-2022, 07:30 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

^ A clean alternative.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:10 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

The Gatekeeper is "growing a pair"...lol

Old 03-19-2022, 06:19 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Today, I finally got around to installing the rest of the Bowhouse parts that have been sitting in my hotel room for the past three weeks (technically, they were delivered two days before I temporarily departed, and I just returned to the hotel two nights ago...so, theoretically-speaking, I could 'claim' I've only had the parts for four days). Prior to my temporary "leave", I had installed the LCG skid, and LGC battery tray

Anyway, today involved disassembling the entire front end, installation of parts, and reassembly. Parts installed include the bell cranks, steering rack, bump stops, and all other related parts. I must admit, it is much improved - almost no slop, plus the upper IFS suspension arms & steering links are now perfectly aligned with each other. Anyone who's installed the IFS kit on any Enduros will understand...and, for those who don't, compare my last photo (pre-Bowhouse parts, above) to the most recent photo (post-Bowhouse parts, below).

There was one other upgrade I started, but was unable to complete (at least, until next week), entirely due to my own stupidity (yeah, I'm admitting it). I had also purchased the Bowhouse slipper eliminator, a Kimbrough spur gear, and a Robinson Racing pinion. Unfortunately, in adding the pinion to the cart, I didn't realize I had ordered one with a 5mm bore, as opposed to a 3.17mm (1/8") bore...like I said, "my own stupidity". Got the slipper eliminator & spur installed...will have to wait until the correct pinion arrives to complete the job. Oh well..........

Last edited by Panther6834; 03-19-2022 at 06:25 PM.

New element Enduro builder kit on the way - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element Enduro Builder's Kit... 2 soze General Crawlers 51 07-29-2021 06:36 AM
Element enduro kit Supermotovinny Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 2 12-28-2019 01:48 PM