Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: got my new Berg today... pics inside

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default got my new Berg today... pics inside

saaaa-wwwheat!

Is this the reason people say you need to limit the movement of the shocks???

Side note: they didn't (apparently) loctite the built axles, so I pulled the front axle apart, and loctited everything. They DID loctite the wheel ring to the cardboard holder so much so that I actually had to destroy one of the screws to get the new wheels off. Three or four of the other screws were very hard to get off, and one of them rounded the allen tool off, and had to be destoyed to remove. Great going Berg.

Otherwise, this seems like a very nice kit.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2008, 04:24 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Looks good mate, what motors and speedy are you using?
oberon crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Nice. Have you already clocked the axles? Looks like a good start. Get busy.... I'd like to see you running it the next time I see you at a comp.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

No axle clockwork, but I put the TQ3 receiver and transmitter on it, and put a super rooster esc and panther cougars with a 3900 mAh in the belly so my bothers can use it this weekend when we get together.

After that I'll have a TQ3 radio and tx for sale.

55t's for right now, that's what I had laying around the garage. I'm going to put 35 or 27t's on it in the future though, and prolly a 3100 rx, and a dig switch front and rear like everyone else seems to be doing.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Basher View Post
saaaa-wwwheat!

Is this the reason people say you need to limit the movement of the shocks???
Best mod for the stock suspension I found is to push the battery forward untill it almost touches the front motor. It limits the amount the front axle can droop to about 1/2 inch down cause the upper links hit the top of the battery when the axle moves down. I did this as a tempory thing when I was having trouble climbing steep stuff that a couple of axials could climb.

I just now got a 3c lipo and of course it doesent limit the travel and the car is back to a POS with the stock springs and chassis...so I put the big arse 6 cell pack back in the belly till I redo the chassis to fix the suspension.

The axles still want to flop over by themselves but I got rear steer and i can normally drive around that. I better chassis and suspension is definately only solution though.

Sam
Strange Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Rover View Post
Best mod for the stock suspension I found is to push the battery forward untill it almost touches the front motor. It limits the amount the front axle can droop to about 1/2 inch down cause the upper links hit the top of the battery when the axle moves down. I did this as a tempory thing when I was having trouble climbing steep stuff that a couple of axials could climb.

I just now got a 3c lipo and of course it doesent limit the travel and the car is back to a POS with the stock springs and chassis...so I put the big arse 6 cell pack back in the belly till I redo the chassis to fix the suspension.

The axles still want to flop over by themselves but I got rear steer and i can normally drive around that. I better chassis and suspension is definately only solution though.

Sam
funny you should say that... that's how my battery is mounted! I won't be doing any new chassis or suspension anytime soon. I really like the Berg package. I will limit the shock travel probably.