Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Mounting The battery in the Berg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #1

Default Mounting The battery in the Berg

Couple of questions here.

1. do you guys tie down your battery or set it up so you can swap packs? If you swap pack, how are you tieing down the battery in the stock location?

2. If you aren't running your batter in the frame, where are you mounting it?

There are the two threaded holes in the front axle that you could add standoffs and a nice shelf so you could mount the battery on top of the servo. Or running the battery mounted on the real axle.

Any help here would be great!

Cheers!
toxic_mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

well i took a ax10 TCS front axle batt plate and screwed it to the skid,to lift the batt off of the lower links as to not interfear with the suspention moveing. put a piece of tape on it so the batt wont slid any. alittle pice of fuzzy velcro to help it from moveing around and to keep the upper link screws from diging in to the batt,i will get some better insolation from work this week.
just had to lift my elect plate by turnig the servo mounts around.

went over to little rock yesterday to give it its first real run on some good rock not bad i will prob put a set of big bores on it to try out a little more lift, and iput a set of panthers on it i like the extra clearance under the diffs from them. i gess i will have to try harder to mount them now.
overall i am happy with the truck, i just for got i had the cam with me and i didnt take a single pic:-x

jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I've been running mine in the chassis, recently moved it to a lexan plate between the front lower links.

Either way I just use velcro and it holds just fine.
Miller Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:32 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Mine is held in place by the ends of the upper links. The clearance is tight enough that it doesn't rub much, but yet it doesn't move around either. Here's a pic:

HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote