Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: TCS Stick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default TCS Stick

Is TCS gonna make a stick for the bergs? I was just curious if any one knew.
Josh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

According to an answer I got from Kevin when the Bergs were lauched..... no.

I think it would be a great idea.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo View Post

Then you should design one for those 'other' axles
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well, thats a bummer. Looks like I will have to make one. Is it because the bergs just aren't popular enough?
Old 09-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

There's already been four berg stick builds on here so far but most ppl are building zeros etc.
if you want a berg stick just copy a build or do your own design...
oberon crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I built myself a pimpcane today. I have to say there is no point to running a TVP chassis on bergs. The pimpcane went insane, I made lines I never had before with any rig. The ground clearance is great. Its right about 4'' on my truck right now. Im slowly gonna start making a stick and see how that works compared to my knock off pimpcane.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo View Post

I think he may have changed his mind..

7-29-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland View Post
There's definitely some concepts floating around here at TCS for a berg 2.2 class stick using our patent pending technology. Not sure when it will be finished though. It's still in the conceptual stages.
There’s something new on the horizon………………
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Yep, a TVP is great if you have to fit a motor/gearbox on the middle but on a berg it either lowers your ground clearance or raises your CG compared to a stick or PK. (in saying that I do recognize that the US nationals top 5 at least were all TVP)

But, i can't stand being hung up all the time and spending 2 minutes getting off every little rock that sits under the skid plate. To me that's not crawling and it makes RC crawlers look very ordinary..
That's one of the reasons I hated Axials so much and why I got a berg.

I have 4" GC now and i wouldn't want any less at all.

The amount of GC required all depends on how you set the course so yeah 4" is no advantage if everyone else has 3" and the person setting gates makes sure that their 3" rig will get through no worries.

But if you let US stick/cane drivers set the markers LOOK OUT!!
oberon crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I think a stick chassis on a berg would dominate the 2.2 class. For example in this vid of nationals at 25 min there is an edge that gave everyone trouble. I think only a few made it. They were all bottoming out. A stick or pimpcane with 4'' of clearence would have gone right up it.

Vid: http://www.rccrawler.com/nats2008/saturday3.html

I can see limitations with the pimpcane due to limited articulation, but a stick does not have that that problem. I can't seem to think of an obstacle where a TVP would have any advantage over a stick.

Last edited by Josh87; 09-22-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon crawler View Post
if you want a berg stick just copy a build or do your own design...
That's what I did
there were things I liked about both the stick and Pimpcane soI combined what I thought was the best of both= PimpStick
voodoooffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

If you can't make it in 2.2 with 3" of ground clearance then you need to learn to drive. The biggest problem I see with a berg stick is the lack of up and down movement. I have watched a few berg sticks and torsions run and everyone I have watched struggled on some things that a 4 linked chassis crawled right over. The sticks are cool no doubt but there is a reason that the 4 link trucks work so well. I think it would be a far cry to say a berg stick will dominate anything.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #12
AKA 2G's

I have had both, the slingshot berg will clean house with the stick berg threw everthing.The CG was the same on mine.The stick liked to bounce around to much and then you didnt now where it was going.To much axle swing also it makes driving it very hard,I didnt think about it tell somebody ask me how much swing it had.I put both trucks side by side and the sticks front tires would move 2in off the track from the rear tires.I have the stuff left over from the stick build if anybody wants it very cheap. here is the build
No more stick slingshot all the way
86jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh87 View Post
I think a stick chassis on a berg would dominate the 2.2 class. For example in this vid of nationals at 25 min there is an edge that gave everyone trouble. I think only a few made it. They were all bottoming out. A stick or pimpcane with 4'' of clearence would have gone right up it.

Vid: http://www.rccrawler.com/nats2008/saturday3.html

I can see limitations with the pimpcane due to limited articulation, but a stick does not have that that problem. I can't seem to think of an obstacle where a TVP would have any advantage over a stick.

X2
I saw a new guy from Nevada come to the Rubicon Marlin round up and of the 3 people to nearly complete the coarse of 13 competitors this guy with his own berg stick chassis design was able to not only finish the coarse but WON !
It was his first comp, there is nothing out there in nevada for him to crawl with.
Simply awesome
here's a shot I took, wish I had looked at his chassis more or taken a pic of it.

Sam set up a Very knarly course and a few people broke, or ran out of time
Attached Images

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 10-24-2008 at 05:19 PM.
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4crawlin View Post
X2
I saw a new guy from Nevada come to the Rubicon Marlin round up and of the 3 people to nearly complete the coarse of 13 competitors this guy with his own berg stick chassis design was able to not only finish the coarse but WON !
It was his first comp, there is nothing out there in nevada for him to crawl with.
Simply awesome
here's a shot I took, wish I had looked at his chassis more or taken a pic of it.

Sam set up a Very knarly course and a few people broke, or ran out of time

If you search "Pimpstick" on this fourm you can see more pic's of that rig
voodoooffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #15
[HOONIGAN]

Every stick chassis I have seen with every possible axle you can use a stick chassis with has sucked really bad here in CO. It all comes down to driver skill, I feel that a four link suspension rig will out perform a stick rig driven by the same driver in an averaging of crawling conditions. The axle steer of the stick chassis it the main dissadvantage, it puts the front or rear way off of were you want to drive the rig. Also, ground clearance is just one key to a properly set up rig, and it's not the main key to focus on.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote