Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Berg axleshafts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Berg axleshafts

I bent both the long and short axleshafts in one of my Berg axles and our local hobby shops don't stock Berg parts. We have a comp in 2 days and online ordering takes longer than that to get to Canada. Does anyone know if there's anything that'll work as a replacement until I get the real ones? I can cut a shaft down and grind the notch into the end if I have to but I don't have access to any machines to narrow the shaft. Has anyone else here tried something like this with success?

I'm debating trying to bend them back to straight but I'd like to leave that until a last resort. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Seams like bending them back is your best option to me.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post
I bent both the long and short axleshafts in one of my Berg axles and our local hobby shops don't stock Berg parts. We have a comp in 2 days and online ordering takes longer than that to get to Canada. Does anyone know if there's anything that'll work as a replacement until I get the real ones? I can cut a shaft down and grind the notch into the end if I have to but I don't have access to any machines to narrow the shaft. Has anyone else here tried something like this with success?

I'm debating trying to bend them back to straight but I'd like to leave that until a last resort. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
i personally would contact tcs crawlers via email and see how fast they can ship them to you they are really fast on there response i bet they could "overnight" ship them to you and you'd get them in a couple days if not that look at Mtheads berg build and his cvd's that he made see if that is an option for you or just bent them back if you think its possible
SMOKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Do you think you could heat them up w/ a little mapp gas and roll then flat again? You could roll them on an anvil w/ another piece of metal while applying heat. Just as a last resort of course.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
TEAM RCC

just run them bent
bcrofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

How did you bend them if ya dont mind me asking? That is a pretty thick axle shaft to make bend easy
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
Do you think you could heat them up w/ a little mapp gas and roll then flat again? You could roll them on an anvil w/ another piece of metal while applying heat. Just as a last resort of course.
We tried this with some axles before to braze in the dog pins on the ends, it burns the carbon out of the steel and makes them way more brittle, i shattered a bearing and had to dremel the outer bearing race out of the axle.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote