Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Carnage!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Carnage!!!

Well today I got to play with my crawler with all the new parts. The 7955 servo is a bad ass servo!! Anyways I managed to play for about a hour or so before i broke and I have been pure hell on this thing just to see where the weak link is. Well today I found it. I was coming up a hill and went back down the other side and fell off in a hole so all the weight was pretty much on one tire and I was giving it some gas and all I heard was a pop. So I picked it up and it sheared the pins off the left front inner axle. I was remember looking a couple weeks ago on TCS webstie and they had axles and stuff listed for these but now I dont see them. Anyone else carry parts for these thing? I have a couple ideas on how I can find it but I would still rather pick up some extra axles.
robert97dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

TCS still has them: EnRoute Berg 2.2 Replacement Long Inner Axle (2 each) #FR-02 https://www.tcscrawlers.com/EnRoute-...2-p-17115.html EnRoute Berg 2.2 Replacement Short Inner Axle (2 each) #FR-01 https://www.tcscrawlers.com/EnRoute-...1-p-17114.html
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #3

Amainhobbies.com Has Them You Just Have To Search For Newage I Think It Is The Same
crawlerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVEN View Post
TCS still has them: EnRoute Berg 2.2 Replacement Long Inner Axle (2 each) #FR-02 https://www.tcscrawlers.com/EnRoute-...2-p-17115.html EnRoute Berg 2.2 Replacement Short Inner Axle (2 each) #FR-01 https://www.tcscrawlers.com/EnRoute-...1-p-17114.html

Sweet thanks!! I dont know why but I cant find them. I checked under the axle section and under the section where you search by truck model. Has anyone else broke one of these? I am definately gonna pick up plenty extra.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

CKRC crawlers...

long side
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...oducts_id=1540

short side
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...oducts_id=1539
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post

Thanks for the link but I just got them ordered through TCS. Plus I wont order from CKRC anymore.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert97dodge View Post
Sweet thanks!! I dont know why but I cant find them. I checked under the axle section and under the section where you search by truck model. Has anyone else broke one of these? I am definately gonna pick up plenty extra.

When looking for spare parts check out the 'Spare Parts' section in the drop down menu. From there choose the truck that you want parts for.

I picked up some extra axles (long and short) just for that reason, but I haven't had to use them yet. I have my EPA's on the steering throw set so that at maximum throw both sides of the pin are still in contact with the stub axle cup. It's when the stub axle comes out of one side of the pin that you will have problems. Resulting in a broken axle pin, or in some cases a broken ear off the stub axle. I picked up a couple extra Axial stub axles for that reason as well.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
Keep it real

My buddy snapped 2 just like you did at our last comp......on pretty much flat ground
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVEN View Post
When looking for spare parts check out the 'Spare Parts' section in the drop down menu. From there choose the truck that you want parts for.

I picked up some extra axles (long and short) just for that reason, but I haven't had to use them yet. I have my EPA's on the steering throw set so that at maximum throw both sides of the pin are still in contact with the stub axle cup. It's when the stub axle comes out of one side of the pin that you will have problems. Resulting in a broken axle pin, or in some cases a broken ear off the stub axle. I picked up a couple extra Axial stub axles for that reason as well.
With the way my steering is it will not turn sharp enough to where the pin is not in the cup. I am runnning 45T motors and a 30C 11.1 lipo I am thinking that is what caused it. Like I said I have been pretty damn hard on the thing too.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I have broken 2 pins so far. One was at full steering lock and the second was with the wheels straight. They are now replaced with #39 drill bits. Hopefully these hold up better.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I have broke 2 short ones on my front axle. For now I reduced my EPA's so the pin doesn't come out of the stub as stated earlier in this thread. Hope to see some CVD's someday so I can get that massive amount of steering back:-P

Later
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote