Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Berg style rear burn. How do you use it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Mic
Rock Crawler

Default Berg style rear burn. How do you use it?

I think I finally have my rig were I want it. I added rear burn (Rear DIG) so now I have both front DIG and rear burn (all with a 2 position 3rd channel) I use rear burn a few different ways.
Post up how you use it.

1st: A turn at the bottom of a decent. Lock Front and Burn the rear to bring it around (which way do you turn the front wheels? opposite direction you want to head?)

2nd: Steep side hill/off camber use it to walk the truck across it at an angle. Like crossing a river without going donstream (in kaykaying it is called a ferry).

What else am I missing. how do you use rear burn?
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

another spot is where the front is binding because the rear is wedged under a rock. you can rear burn to get the rear to pop up without the force of the front driving the rear into the wedge. it will actually let the car move back a bit and drive the rear wheels up the face rather than under it.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Also when you are at the base of a rock but coming into it at an angle. Keep one front tire in contact with the rock and burn the rear around. This will now set you straight up for the rock.
Calicrawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #4
Mic
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicrawler23 View Post
Also when you are at the base of a rock but coming into it at an angle. Keep one front tire in contact with the rock and burn the rear around. This will now set you straight up for the rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
another spot is where the front is binding because the rear is wedged under a rock. you can rear burn to get the rear to pop up without the force of the front driving the rear into the wedge. it will actually let the car move back a bit and drive the rear wheels up the face rather than under it.
All good information
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I also find myself using a hard front burn, followed by a hard rear burn on a clean rock to clean mud or sand off my tires if they get gunked up in the middle of a course. As well as the previously mention methods.
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

youtube is a great place to learn as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VUqApX8ZZ4
ASRCRAWLERS is offline   Reply With Quote