Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Slingshot Berg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Slingshot Berg

Well after my last comp with this slingshot as an Axial I couldnt deal with the Holmes hobbies motor breaking my rig (though the motor is a blast ) The slipper was useless I had it tightened all the way down and it still spun easily when i got bound up so i pulled it out and the motor rounded/tore up an output shaft. It also was just to heavy and with the sidewinder justmade my CG to high. (dont get me wrong I love this motor and it is now in one of my scalers It has superb low speed control it was just to much for the truck for me) I didnt want to go back to the mamba micro pro and 45 turn because i knew i would be disapointed in the performance.
So here is my solution

it is a DNA slingshot CFX. I had to make new links for it which was fairly easy. Just cut, boil and bend
(I am thinkin about going with a Kamikaze Kustoms Zero T)
I am using a sidewinder for now (will probably switch over to dual tekins when i get a 4PK)
I have made a second prototype of my steering that is less rough looking and has a little less toe also.
i fabbed up a dig plate and replaced one of the acrylic spacers with it and used Holmes Hobbies "manly" dig switches.
i made another custom rear battery tray like i used on my mantis build
Vanquish product high steer knuckles (these are very very very nice)
Vanquish product Dirty Harry's (is there any other wheel in the world ? )
I am a little iffy right now on my ride height aprox. 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 inches it just seems really high but at the same time there is very little weight up that high (i am unsure of how i want to lower the ride height down or even if it is needed any suggestions are welcome)

comments and suggestions are welcome
swisherteets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Moderator Rule Breaker

Looks good! The 3.25'' belly height is about perfect.

One suggestion,narrow the skid plate down if you plan keeping with the berg setup.
eric113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

yea I had definately thought about narrowing it but havent yet because if i switch over to the Kamikaze Zero T then I will put this chassis back on my Axial
Old 03-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Awesome rig man...Got any action photos or videos??
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

i havent got any of it with the bergs on it yet. I have some of it when it was an Axial. I actually have a video of it launching off a woodplank rope bridge over a gate because I had like one second left (7t pullers lol )
but nothing yet of it in its current form
I actually havent even tried it out yet its just been sitting for a few weeks due to work gettin in the way