Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: New Chassis Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Question New Chassis Question

Quick question for all of you MOA guys out there.

What are some things you like to see when you get a new chassis? What are some things you WOULD like to see that you don't get? IE: Braces, skids, dig tray etc... I am not a MOA guy and would just like to know. Looking for some insight.

Thanks,
Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default personally

kamikazi kustoms give you everything neede such as the allen set screws for the links, skid, dig tray, and the spacers. LEss stuff to have to get rid of but enough to feel like your getting your moneys worth. Quality, pride in craftmanship and support go a long way with me!! Nuts and bolts I got pleanty of!!
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

What do you think your Customers would want? FREE STUFF
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

For me being somewhat of a new guy at this I would like a small choice of electronic's/dig tray's and maybe some sort of dedicated body mounts. Customer Service is also a top selling point.

Much of the other stuff mentioned too. All good idea's. Especially the FREE stuff.

Last edited by RC Shocker; 04-12-2009 at 06:28 AM.
RC Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

We want well thought out designs.

Servo plates / link placement / shock placement should all work with no contact to any part of the axle or motor during flex.

Durable parts and a warranty against breakage.

Hardware and spacers... and if lower links aren't provided... reccommended lengths that make a 12.5 wheelbase.

An innovative design such as halfmoon skidplate or something no one has thought of... like the rockshow.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #6
RCC Addict

everything needed to make a roller. It would be nice to have a chassis that came with links , upper and lower, pre drilled skid, dig plate, body mounts, hardware (screws, nuts, spacers, braces) and a set up sheet. There are lots of chassis out there, but none come with everything, and for the guys who do not have the benefit of a decent hobby shop for 200 miles this stuff would help allot. We have to piece it together anyway, why not have it all from one vendor. AND THE BIGGEST THING. HAVE WHAT YOU SELL IN STOCK. IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP WITHIN A DAY OF ORDERING.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post

LOL Everybody loves the FREE STUFF!!!

Quote:
everything needed to make a roller. It would be nice to have a chassis that came with links , upper and lower, pre drilled skid, dig plate, body mounts, hardware (screws, nuts, spacers, braces) and a set up sheet. There are lots of chassis out there, but none come with everything, and for the guys who do not have the benefit of a decent hobby shop for 200 miles this stuff would help allot. We have to piece it together anyway, why not have it all from one vendor. AND THE BIGGEST THING. HAVE WHAT YOU SELL IN STOCK. IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP WITHIN A DAY OF ORDERING.
So, you would not mind paying a good bit more for the hole package deal? A lof of people in this hobby tend to make there own parts. That is how RC Crawling got started. So with that said, it looks like eveyone is looking for everything from a great chassis to a full blown roller!! Any other input would be great!!

Thank You,
Jason
Old 04-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Hobbies View Post
LOL Everybody loves the FREE STUFF!!!

So, you would not mind paying a good bit more for the hole package deal? A lof of people in this hobby tend to make there own parts. That is how RC Crawling got started. So with that said, it looks like eveyone is looking for everything from a great chassis to a full blown roller!! Any other input would be great!!

Thank You,
Jason

While many people do make their own parts, I would say thats because of a lack of a complete kit. KK is the closest to a complete kit with lower links, steering, a axle plate, and dig plate to go with his chassis. But it still needs screws, and upper links. His uses the revo links. But again if they could all come from the same place, one order get you a roller. People who want to change things up could go from there. I think one of the biggest iissues in this hobby is that most people are on an "island" without easy access to the stuff they need. If you buy all the parts separatly and then find out the screws you picked up are to short, it sucks. When someone make their own links and makes one shorter than the other and has to try again. I know it makes me crazy and I am probably not alone. A complete kit with everything needed would save many headaches, and would probably very popular seller.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Default yup reads like this

I get all that and more at Kamikazi Kustoms
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Right on
crawl rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Really if you need to ask this question. Do you think you know what kind of chassis a MOA really needs then? Might want to set back and do more research and testing of your own.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Really if you need to ask this question. Do you think you know what kind of chassis a MOA really needs then? Might want to set back and do more research and testing of your own.
Humm, I am not saying what kind of chassis a MOA needs. You totally misread the first post. Second, I think our researchers and testers have done a through job. I thank you for your consern though! What I am asking is if chassis that MOA guys are buying, come with eveything they want or if they are coming with stuff they don't need. Just looking for input. Some like to make their own parts, others, would like everything up to a roller.......Jason
Old 04-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Hobbies View Post
Humm, I am not saying what kind of chassis a MOA needs. You totally misread the first post. Second, I think our researchers and testers have done a through job. I thank you for your consern though! What I am asking is if chassis that MOA guys are buying, come with eveything they want or if they are coming with stuff they don't need. Just looking for input. Some like to make their own parts, others, would like everything up to a roller.......Jason
There is your Answer.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
And not this. But thank you anyway!! Jason
Old 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Is this your design that you are enquiring about how to package?

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/169610-new-arrows-chassis-moa-hr-axles-post1732786.html
Arct1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #16
RCC Addict

No. I was not talking about any chassis. I was talking about other companys. What they do and don't come with. I never implied our chassis. Thank you for all that have answered my question without reading into. And thank you Arct1K for the link to one of our chassis!!

Thank You,
Jason