Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: New build for next season

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default New build for next season

Well it has come time to retire the KK 4.0. It worked great for me last season and i finished off with 2nd place in our chapter and got 7th place in the winners class on state finals. The rig worked great even though it was very different rock than what I was used. Decided it was time to try something new. Was debating on a torsion chassis but ended up finding a good deal on a DNA carbon fiber slingshot so i picked it up and built it. Have to give a BIG thanks to Greg (86jeep) for hooking me up with a bunch of set up info and how long to make the links. That saved a lot of time. On to the list of goodies

DNA slingshot Carbon Fiber chassis
Picked up some Traxxas Big bores but they didnt work out for so I bolted up a set of losi shocks
Punk RC dig unit <--- BAD ASS product
JP Customs 35X2 warrior motors
Tekin FXR
Losi Comp Claws on my Vanquish Dirty harry wheels w/Crawler 1 foams
Panther on DNA snipers w/ Crawler 1 foams
I am probably gonna pick up a new set of blue rovers to have a talller tire. The panthers and claws are measuring about the same hieght even with firmer foams in the panthers
Also picked up a Tekin Hotwire. Highly recomend getting this. I was able to adjust the throttle curve so that it is not so sensitive as REALLY low speed. Between that and the smoothness of the new motors I got a ton of real slow speed control.
And a proline bug body. I picked up a new one just to run for comps as well.
And I picked up some new batteries. They are the Excite battery packs. I got 4 1100MAH and also picked up on 500MAH just to try out.

I havent got to try out the panthers yet because the new snipers wheels dont clear my current steering setup. I am gonna pick up a steering setup from greg here pretty soon. Then I will be able to run the DNA snipers.

Last edited by robert97dodge; 07-04-2009 at 05:07 PM.
robert97dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Moderator Rule Breaker

Looks good Robert. You may want to play with shock oil wt and springs to find a style that fits how you want the suspension to react to your liking.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
Looks good Robert. You may want to play with shock oil wt and springs to find a style that fits how you want the suspension to react to your liking.

I have always had my berg really soft with lots of flex. I went ahead and went with the 30 weight oil and stiff springs and so far it is working great!! I went to my rock garden yesterday with the rovers and it didnt do worth a flip. When we went to state finals I mad the tires REALLY soft to get better traction. I had the soft rovers with a panther memory foam up front and NWT hybrid reach in the back so it was really soft. Plus the tires are pretty much wore out. I put the losi claws on the vanquish wheels this morning and crawler 1 foams and it is 10 times better!! I pulled off some lines that I havent been able to do. And this thing side hills like crazy.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Moderator Rule Breaker

Good that working for ya!
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

looks good bud. It'll never work though.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

You have come a long way since the shafty days man! Looks great.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
You have come a long way since the shafty days man! Looks great.

Thanks
That is true!! We first bought got into the RC crawlers just over a year ago and this is my 3 build. They have definitely come a long way.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #8
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

It is going to be fun and competitive this next season Nice rig Robert.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
It is going to be fun and competitive this next season Nice rig Robert.

Yes it is. By the time the season starts I think just about everyone will be running bergs. Should even up the playing field as far as rigs and it will come down to the drivers.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #10
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert97dodge View Post
Yes it is. By the time the season starts I think just about everyone will be running bergs. Should even up the playing field as far as rigs and it will come down to the drivers.
Yeah almost everyone. I have tried to convince my son to run a berg. He loves his GC2 Axial and will not. He said he would maybe try the berg but he will not sell the Axial for a berg. We are doing a bunch of things to really make his truck competitive for next season, but MOA is not something he wants. It's definitely going to be an interesting season.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yeah almost everyone. I have tried to convince my son to run a berg. He loves his GC2 Axial and will not. He said he would maybe try the berg but he will not sell the Axial for a berg. We are doing a bunch of things to really make his truck competitive for next season, but MOA is not something he wants. It's definitely going to be an interesting season.

Let him drive yours after you get it done and he will run some lines he cant with that GC2 and that will change his mind. MOA is where it is at for comps.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:20 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just convince him to run the Berg axle on the GC2. I have a friend that runs that setup and it works out great for him Compromise
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:39 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Just convince him to run the Berg axle on the GC2. I have a friend that runs that setup and it works out great for him Compromise

I did that for a little while. I pretty much just bolted it all together and didnt really spend time tuning it and it worked great.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Havent updated this in a while. Since the last update i have put on 86Jeeps steering set up and it works great!! We had our fist comp for the season a little over a month ago and I managed to get a first place finish. Even though it was cold and my foams were to stiff since they were set up for hot temps. I missed the last comp but we got another one next weekend. I took it out today and snapped a few new pics