Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: clod stall on berg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default clod stall on berg

So i just got my berg put together. I used 2 35t tekin motors, not handwound. This is my first MOA, so I don't really know how much stall I should expect. I am running a Tekin FXR along with a punk dig. I have already seen that some stall can be a good thing in some situations.

My question is would the stall be less if I was running a 35t or 45t warrior or similar from Holmes Hobbies?

Thanks
jimbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

just get a 4pk and run two fxr's you will have controll over all
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
Colt Python/SR9c

you will have more stall with 35t's, than you would with 45t's.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #4

silly question; What is stall. Thanks for the help
MAJ Ales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ Ales View Post
silly question; What is stall. Thanks for the help

What is "clod stall"?
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

A 45T will have less Stall... The best way to prolong the Stall from kicking in.... Is this... Higher Turn Motors, Small Pinions and More Volts..... Just find the Happy Medium is all... You throw a 65T geared low on 3 cells. The stall would almost be non-exist.

Running Dual ESC does not Fix Stall... Just lets you counter act it is all. If you have ever driven a Dual ESC set up and tried to adjust the rear throttle while the stall is happening, Add trying to make a gate or Turn at the same Time... It sucks.... Just run a Nice Handwound motor on 3 cells geared low and be done with it.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Once u get the stall down where u know your truck.It's no a bad thing it helps to get a bit on steep rocks with out the rear axles pushing your rig over and like Run2jeepn said run a good handwound motor helps also.
marlboroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
A 45T will have less Stall... The best way to prolong the Stall from kicking in.... Is this... Higher Turn Motors, Small Pinions and More Volts..... Just find the Happy Medium is all... You throw a 65T geared low on 3 cells. The stall would almost be non-exist.

Running Dual ESC does not Fix Stall... Just lets you counter act it is all. If you have ever driven a Dual ESC set up and tried to adjust the rear throttle while the stall is happening, Add trying to make a gate or Turn at the same Time... It sucks.... Just run a Nice Handwound motor on 3 cells geared low and be done with it.
I run dual FXR's, and run both axles on the mixer and solo extra control on the front axle on the other stick allowing me to dig on the move, or push my front tires into a rock with the rears at 75% and the fronts at 25% power. So many techniques available on dual ESC's...... Love mine, but not for everyone.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

You can affect stall with gear mesh too. If the rear stall is too much for you, try loosening up the gear mesh in the rear... or increasing the tightness in the front.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

if it stalls alot you can just bump the throttle. it won't stall much. you well learn the throttle control the more you drive it.
tomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:21 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Embrace the stall.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:07 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Question, on my sons berg it's stalling real bad. We've already changed the front wire to 16 guage and the rear 12. Still stalling to where it's uncrawlable and un predictable. He's running one fxr with 45t motors. What's the next step in your guys opinion? 18 guage wire? 2 different pinions? If we change pinions, which one do we changs? They are both stock 12 tooth I believe. Any help would be great thanks TT
T.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T. View Post
Question, on my sons berg it's stalling real bad. We've already changed the front wire to 16 guage and the rear 12. Still stalling to where it's uncrawlable and un predictable. He's running one fxr with 45t motors. What's the next step in your guys opinion? 18 guage wire? 2 different pinions? If we change pinions, which one do we changs? They are both stock 12 tooth I believe. Any help would be great thanks TT
If you lift the truck off the ground and slowly apply the throttle, do all 4 wheels start to turn at the same time? Try checking the motor brushes and springs. I have similar trouble and one of my rear brushes was sticking real bad. I think it is unlikely to help changing the guage of the wire.
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

for changing pinions all u do is change the front to the next tooth count. so 13t if you dont want to change them both to lower ratio
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoj View Post
for changing pinions all u do is change the front to the next tooth count. so 13t if you dont want to change them both to lower ratio
So what is best.... front turning faster or slower ? ?

What pinions do most 45T run in berg ?
Creepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #16
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy View Post
So what is best.... front turning faster or slower ? ?

What pinions do most 45T run in berg ?
I like my front spinning faster due to the simple fact that if the rears spinning faster, it will push your rig striaght into a rock. Same reason you use dig on a uphill, so the front can drag the rear up, without the rear pushing very hard.

Check out the link I PM'd you on rca. You want to run a 13t in the rear, and a 12t in the front.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
I like my front spinning faster due to the simple fact that if the rears spinning faster, it will push your rig striaght into a rock. Same reason you use dig on a uphill, so the front can drag the rear up, without the rear pushing very hard.

Check out the link I PM'd you on rca. You want to run a 13t in the rear, and a 12t in the front.
Thanks, C. ....what you doin up ?
Creepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #18
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy View Post
Thanks, C. ....what you doin up ?
Helping MOA newbs like you! Check the adopt a newb thread in the newbie section. its like the 2nd from the top in a stickey. Post all the questions you want and myself and im sure many others will do our best to help out
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T. View Post
Going to a smaller wire wont help. Are you on 2s, 3s?

I would try good motors. Even Integy motors are better than some of the combo motors.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote