Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: El Nino 2 Prototype Hits the scene...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrighttt View Post
k9=asshole!!! hahaha
"

k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by willipmartinni View Post
so what cha runnin for foams with your ucw's
I currently have them set up with stock panther cougar mems in front and proline soft mems in the rear. With the colder months coming up I may look into some normal foams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atekt View Post
Its coming along nicely, what made you decide to use reds up front?
I actually have always used reds on all four with my bergs. They really aren't even that stiff. I originally was gonna run Losi whites on the fronts but they were just too long and made my belly clearance way too high. So I just went with what I know works and put the reds back on.
nonstopboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I ended making most of my electronics trays out of black styrene because it looks cool. But it does not bend so i had to use a piece of lexan to make the mount for my Punk Dig so it kind of sits down in the rear links instead of way up on top. I used some super strong velcro to hold in my electronics. I have always liked the idea of taking them in and out easily and this velcro holds them in place when i dont want them moving.

Here is a couple shots of the rig with the electronics trays...

I ended up getting all of my electronics in and running great. I ran 14 G wire for all my wires. I have tested it with running 12g and 16g and really i haven't noticed any benefits with one over another as far as clod stall goes so i just went 14 all around.
Im currently running the Spektrum 3100 and it seems to fit just fine but i can see a micro 3500 in my future.
Since i love the power i am using a thunder power 2250 3 cell pack and because of its larger size im going to throw it directly on the skid to keep the weight as low as possible. Again velcro will hold that pack down.
Some pics showing them installed

A lil flex shot. Im really liking how the suspension feels...extremely loose on the front and tight in the rear. I just know i will be extremely satisfied with this set up!
Old 11-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

The electronics are nicley laid out, looks clean!
atekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I think with all of the input we have received during the test builds we will be making a few cosmetic changes to the production line of the new Nino 2. We will keep you posted as to a date and time of release.

Last edited by Chaotic Crawlers; 11-04-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Since i basically have a new rig i decided i must have a new body...

I am a huge fan of the Jconcepts Rocksteady because of its small size...but since I live in Utah where is snows alot and we still continue to have comps i wanted a body with a little more coverage...so i Hit up the Stage Killah...
I just used what paint i had so it is a simple job...but I tried to just keep it clean..

Old 11-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

great build!
you will love those tires!
life_livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Well its official I picked up the El Nino 2 production chassis. The quality of it is amazing and we are extremely pleased with our new cutter. Its definitely a product im proud to run and confident that who ever runs one will be pleased.

Both me and Mac 10 were running these things side by side at our last comp, the Turkey Tumbler in West Wendover Nevada, and they did pretty amazing. There wasnt much these rigs couldnt do. Mac 10 ended up taking 2nd and myself 8th. We feel that this nino 2 has its slight advantages over the original nino that will push it to the next level of competition.

Now that i have completed the Berg build i will be working on building an Axial Nino 2 as well as the Losi Mini Nino 2. Both Models we hope to see Chaotic Crawlers have in production just as soon as we are positive we will be producing a great product for these just as we are sure the MOA Nino 2 is one of the best chassis around.

On with some production Nino 2 Pics:

Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #29

looks good nick definately going to be a huge contender .
all show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I changed up a a couple things...

First I put on some some Rover Pinks which are super soft and sticky so well have to see how they perform on the rocks. I am running some pretty cut up soft foams and with this wheel setup i am thinking it will work nicely. The sidehill is amazing.

Then i changed up the steering a bit. I didnt like how the servo horn stuck right out in front there. So i started with a CKRC OTA steering setup and ended up only using the servo mount from that kit. It all worked out good other than it just has too much wobble for me. So then i got the RC-Innovations OTA steering kit and used the tierod from that, since i think the servo mount puts the servo way too far forward. So ya its not the cheapest way about steering but it seems to work good.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Holy steering! Im curious to see how you like the pinksm from what I have seen I have not been impressed,very fine foam tuning seems to be even more crucial with those tires..
Old 02-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

looking good boost....where did you pick up those pinks...I have had mine on pre order from TCS for a while now and they still dont have them instock....thinking about canceling and getting them from some place that has them now...see you this sat at black rock!
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by atekt View Post
Holy steering! Im curious to see how you like the pinksm from what I have seen I have not been impressed,very fine foam tuning seems to be even more crucial with those tires..
Ya the steering is pretty extreme....Im not using it all just nice to know i can...
The pinks with soft foam feels to be the ticket...I know everyone says stiff foam is the only answer..but my sidewall support is taken care of with the wheels im running so super soft will allow them to really grab...atleast thats my hope..haha...I have heard the pinks are a winter/wet tire...which might just help me out in the comp this coming weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
looking good boost....where did you pick up those pinks...I have had mine on pre order from TCS for a while now and they still dont have them instock....thinking about canceling and getting them from some place that has them now...see you this sat at black rock!
I got them from CKRC...I dont particularly like purchasing from them but some how they had them ahead of the rest.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopboost View Post
Ya the steering is pretty extreme....Im not using it all just nice to know i can...
The pinks with soft foam feels to be the ticket...I know everyone says stiff foam is the only answer..but my sidewall support is taken care of with the wheels im running so super soft will allow them to really grab...atleast thats my hope..haha...I have heard the pinks are a winter/wet tire...which might just help me out in the comp this coming weekend...

I got them from CKRC...I dont particularly like purchasing from them but some how they had them ahead of the rest.
Very true, if its rainy/cold which it looks to be I think you got the win in the bag
Old 02-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Well the comp went well....The rock out there is so grippy its hard to give the tires the real test...but i will say i didn't notice any disadvantages at all. I would say they are very similar to the white dots....But i did notice all white dots people were running after they went thru the sand they still looked clean, but the pinks held on to some of the sand (not enough to affect performance but enough to look bad ) So this must be the xtra sticky that's holding on to it.
I do feel straight slick spot climbs I would say these outperform the Leapords.

The steering was amazing. My front approach has increased tons and my turning angles made it nice to get around some tight spots.

I think ill just keep the rig set up as it is...Just need to put is some more drive time.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

your rig looked sick out there this weekend!

I love the new steering setup!!!
i'm going to have to switch mine up now!!!
Mac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

Looks good I've also got an RC Innovation OTT Stearing kit ordered and after seeing yours with the ckrc servo mount still in use I may try that same setup, since I've currently have the ckrc installed and like the servo mount, just not the link. Like you said, too wobbly and bends way too easy.
Dr. Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drew View Post
Looks good I've also got an RC Innovation OTT Stearing kit ordered and after seeing yours with the ckrc servo mount still in use I may try that same setup, since I've currently have the ckrc installed and like the servo mount, just not the link. Like you said, too wobbly and bends way too easy.
You wont be disappointed...the combination together works out amazing...

I know RCInnovations will sell the TieRod separately but I have heard that CKRC makes you but the whole kit to get the servo Mount...So while this steering may not be the cheapest it seems to be worth it. And I know since i did my steering upgrade im not the only one who has gone with this set up. I Really like the RCInnovations Idea i just cant do the servo sticking out that far.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

looks awesome! i really like how low it sits. where did you get those short springs? i need some of those.
jeepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep View Post
looks awesome! i really like how low it sits. where did you get those short springs? i need some of those.
The rear springs are 2" Losi Red Springs part #LOSA5128 which i just got at my local hobby store but can be found online.

The front springs are just stock Losi White springs that i cut down and bent it so they were super short...This rig is set up mostly fully droop. I would say there is between 1/4 and 1/2 in spring compression is all. But it sure works...