Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: building a berg!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Lightbulb building a berg!!

i have decided to build a berg! i have a bully now but wanted some of both worlds. i had a lcc then bought my bully from rockaddict75, so i have not built a moa yet.
i haave ?'s on what peices to get to finish this berg. i do not know where to purchase alot of the remaining pieces?
this is what i have so far......
1. berg axles that are clocked 20 front and rear, lockouts rear, vp steering knuckles, warrior 45's attached.
2. hitech 7955 tg
3. proline bug body painted by rockthrasher
4. 4" losi rockcrawler shocks
5. novak m2 dig that i preordered and cannot cancel, thus the reason for this build.

that is it, i need everything else other than radio and reciever i have a 3pmx and will just get another reciever. i like the looks of the demon chassis but it is not out yet. i do not know what links to get and where to get them? also, what other hardware i will need?

i have looked at all the builds in this section and have seen nice stuff that maybe i would get, but i have no idea where to purchase these things?

anyways, i am just looking on getting some build ideas and recomendations

ty, eric
imbler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I hear the novak unit is still 3 months away. We need some more to go on. Ya can't get the right links until ya pick a chassis and most chassis builders can give ya sources/lengths for the links. The vendor section has most of the stuff ya see in the builds and most of the builds give ya brands/vendors to search for. At least ya have time to research and gather parts.:? Good luck!
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
I hear the novak unit is still 3 months away. We need some more to go on. Ya can't get the right links until ya pick a chassis and most chassis builders can give ya sources/lengths for the links. The vendor section has most of the stuff ya see in the builds and most of the builds give ya brands/vendors to search for. At least ya have time to research and gather parts.:? Good luck!
ty for the reply! i know its going to be a long wait, but i will get it all together by then and if i get it done early i will just buy a fxr for the time being! i think i'll get some slw's rollin my way in the meantime.

what would be the best steering set-up?
Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbler2 View Post
ty for the reply! i know its going to be a long wait, but i will get it all together by then and if i get it done early i will just buy a fxr for the time being! i think i'll get some slw's rollin my way in the meantime.

what would be the best steering set-up?
any ideas?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #5

Quote:
any ideas?
This is what I'm planning: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/album.php?albumid=820
lidebt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Click here to check out my build....It is not the Deamon chassis but it is a chassis put out by Chaotic Crawlers also. It also has a pretty good steering setup on it. Hope it helps.

Read towards the end of page 2 for updated steering and chassis pics. This build started off as a prototype and i have made several changes through out the process
nonstopboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

i really like your build! which steering kit do you think is the best! i don't want to have to spend the money for two. i will need you to come to oregon to wire my rig up as soon as my m2 dig comes in. lol
Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i really like your build! which steering kit do you think is the best! i don't want to have to spend the money for two. i will need you to come to oregon to wire my rig up as soon as my m2 dig comes in. lol
If you want only one there is no doubt i would choose the RCInnovations steering kit. I think it does require high steer knuckles..but those are nice anyway...The CKRC steering alone is just super flimzy....
Old 03-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

are the vp knuckles high steer? cause the axles i bought come with vp knuckles.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Yes..great knuckles too...

Here is the links to the RCInnovations Steering for clocked axles and VP Knuckles
Old 03-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

well, i got the rcinnovations steering kit! now i need a chassis and links. any ideas? anything else i should get? i updated the stuff i have in first post.

thank you for any help you guys give.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
well, i got the rcinnovations steering kit! now i need a chassis and links. any ideas? anything else i should get? i updated the stuff i have in first post.

thank you for any help you guys give.
I would look into the Nino 2 chassis...It has been a great chassis for me and the nino has been one of the top performers out here time and time again. Plus its on SALE

Click here to see the chassis and current sale

As for links i would first off recommend making your own...if you dont have the know how its always a good choice to look into haveing a set made by rocksmith or other link companies on here.

I made my links from STRC ax-10 bent links then i cut them down it length and drilled and tapped them for 4mm rod ends....these things are strong.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

i'll get it tonight, if you or mac10 make me some links?
Old 03-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i'll get it tonight, if you or mac10 make me some links?
I know im not really into making links...you could ask mac10 but i know he has alot on his plate lately.

But i have noticed these CDW links come 4.855" e-t-e with revo rod ends. That is just slightly longer than you would need to run the Nino 2 chassis. If you picked up those links they could either be trimmed down some in length or you could possible even take 1/16" + off each rod end before threading it on and it would probably give you close to perfect length.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

that is a great idea! i sent him a pm. what other stuff will i need? like spacers, hardware, revo ends? pretty much anything i need, i just want to order and don't know what to get? so........give me more stuff to buy.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

almost forgot......those where just bent links, what about the straight ones? (lunsford) maybe?
Old 03-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

looking for somewhere that i can get everything i need. i went to rpp hobby and started a list, but they did not have everything.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

i am going to try to get r2j to make me some custom links, what measurements will i need for the nino 2?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i am going to try to get r2j to make me some custom links, what measurements will i need for the nino 2?
My lower links front and rear for a 50/50 set up are 4 5/8" eye-to-eye measurement. That is with 2 1/4 belly clearance.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

gonna get the cdw ones! ty for your help boost!!