Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Any Berg for Dummies Threads?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Any Berg for Dummies Threads?

I have a shafty comp comeing, built by a club member. for me to play around with, but I think I need to do an MOA build this winter. I thought of the XR10 but the Bergs just seem way to good to pass up.

Looked at the Tracer, but it seems like the few that bought it dumped the frame right away. So, maybe a loaded axle set is the way to go. Something like what they have at www.jpcustomrcs.com for the 2.2 or the set with wheels from http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?productid=999.

so if there are no "Dummies" threads, any advice for a newbie?
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The best advice would be to grab a Beer and read as many build threads as you can. You will soon find what you need to do, and what you don't. And you'll learn loads too. Enjoy
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilus View Post
The best advice would be to grab a Beer and read as many build threads as you can. You will soon find what you need to do, and what you don't. And you'll learn loads too. Enjoy
Good advice and what I have started to do, about an hour of that I am SOOOOO confused. But I am still plodding on.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
RCC Addict

start w/ set of axles, then pick chassis <---Hardest decision for sure!! after that collect all the little strength upgrades, gears, axles, shocks, steering, etc.The second hardest is deciding what wheels to get, thats where im stuck LOL. Read i suggest you check the builds that are long and updated alot there is alot of info in those threads for sure!

Good luck bergs are interesting
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrains View Post
start w/ set of axles, then pick chassis <---Hardest decision for sure!! after that collect all the little strength upgrades, gears, axles, shocks, steering, etc.The second hardest is deciding what wheels to get, thats where im stuck LOL. Read i suggest you check the builds that are long and updated alot there is alot of info in those threads for sure!

Good luck bergs are interesting
I would reccommend exactly that. Just remember this stuff adds up in cost quick and you don't have to do it all at one time. When I did my V2 Axled T1E I started off with a tracer then progressed from there. Save the money on the tracer just buy the axles trust me.. Check out the link in my sig for my V2 build it is kinda step by step it may help. If you have any questions please ask I'll try and help as much as I can.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Yes it gets $$$$$$ real fast LOL, im takin it a 1000x slower than my all in stupid little truck build LOL.
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I'd really suggest the same as everyone else go with a set of axles (you can upgrade to things like better lockouts, 3rd gear, Super 300 axles etc at a later point once you decide that the Berg is the right route for you) you can pcik these up from the like of TCS (great customer service) and then figure out what chassis - have a look under the vendor section and there are lots of chassis in there from Moon Buggy and BJV4's to Demons etc depends on your prefered style.

For wheels you have the likes of Mayhem, RC4WD, VP etc again have a look round the sites and this site for the build threads inc updeer tyres and wheels forum. Figure out tyres, links (JP Customs do some great link sets for example) and have a read through the build threads, there are a ton of them here and that where i've got most of my ideas from and then bouncing some of my own off the forums to get peer feedback.

Have fun and don't blow all you $$$$$ in the first online shopping trip
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote