Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: RcBros 7075 aluminum lockers review!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default RcBros 7075 aluminum lockers review!

Well, I got these proto 7075 aluminum berg lockers today from RcBros to test/review/beat on.

First think I noticed was that the ends of the locker are closed, as opposed to the stock locker. This will no doubt add a lot of strength and eliminate slop.

Stock (14grams)

7075 Aluminum RcBros. (4 grams)

They are so nice I couldn't waste any time getting them installed to test their fitment. I had a set of RcBros 6061 lockers that I removed to install these new 7075 ones. My original set was still in mint condition, no slop, after a lot of hard driving.

So, the install is very simple and straight forward, just unbolt the old and bolt up the new. I suggest a little bit of blue locktight on the screws that hold the locker on for insurance that they won't back out. Although I highly doubt they ever would on these lockers.

Assembling the axle back together I could notice how tight the tolerances were. However everything went together nice and smooth. Then I bolted a wheel on to check out the axle's rotational slop. Well, there is NONE! My axle gears spin as freely as ever, but has ZERO slop in it. I took a quick vid to back up my words.

I am excited about these. I have no fear of getting called on for a reverse due to rear axle roll back, and I do not forsee these ever getting sloppy, there simply is no space to develop slop, and they are 7075 aluminum, very strong. And loosing 10 grams in your axle's drivetrain sure helps with wheelspeed and snap.

In fact, I after seeing how well the 6061 versions have held up, I have no fear of running these new 7075 lockers in my super berg axles (with 8" tires) as well. These are beefy!

Last edited by 4xFord; 12-09-2010 at 10:12 AM.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
Well, I got these proto 7075 aluminum berg lockers today from RcBros to test/review/beat on.

First think I noticed was that the ends of the locker are closed, as opposed to the stock locker. This will no doubt add a lot of strength and eliminate slop.

Stock.

7075 Aluminum RcBros.

They are so nice I couldn't waste any time getting them installed to test their fitment. I had a set of RcBros 6061 lockers that I removed to install these new 7075 ones. My original set was still in mint condition, no slop, after a lot of hard driving.

So, the install is very simple and straight forward, just unbolt the old and bolt up the new. I suggest a little bit of blue locktight on the screws that hold the locker on for insurance that they won't back out. Although I highly doubt they ever would on these lockers.

Assembling the axle back together I could notice how tight the tolerances were. However everything went together nice and smooth. Then I bolted a wheel on to check out the axle's rotational slop. Well, there is NONE! My axle gears spin as freely as ever, but has ZERO slop in it. I took a quick vid to back up my words.

r
I am excited about these. I have no fear of getting called on for a reverse due to rear axle roll back, and I do not forsee these ever getting sloppy, there simply is no space to develop slop, and they are 7075 aluminum, very strong.

In fact, I after seeing how well the 6061 versions have held up, I have no fear of running these new 7075 lockers in my super berg axles (with 8" tires) as well. These are beefy!
These look great, I had these in both front and rear with loctite. The rear stayed tight but as for the front, the screws backed out causing thread damage as there is very little thread to begin with. I'm very happy to see these out and can't wait to get my hands on what I know will be a great product.
khwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Whats the difference in weight from the 7075 version and the stock one?
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

When will these be available.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
"HOLLYWOOD"

Got my testers last night will have weight and other info tonight.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Whats the difference in weight from the 7075 version and the stock one?
7075 RcBros locker is 10 grams lighter than the stock locker. I updated my first post with their weights.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
7075 RcBros locker is 10 grams lighter than the stock locker. I updated my first post with their weights.
Thank you sir!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

please hurry and get these tested , i am almost out of the first batch ...i keep wearing out the screw holes in mine .....i am going to need more soon
mustangboy_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I got my test set early this week and so far i have about an hour of drive time on them are boy they are nice. i drove with the 6061 for about four months and when i took them out they were as nice as the day i put them in. So the new ones should last with out any issues.

One more thing i would like to add is that i have known the ower of RCbro for about a year and a half and he is a stand up guy and is great to do buisness with. He will stand behind his products

Last edited by Beerman Crawler; 12-09-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Beerman Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
Holmes Hobbies

I'm in
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
I'm in
X2 Where do I sign up
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #12
"HOLLYWOOD"

Well finally got mine in and installed and got one word love them instead of making another thread about this hope 4xford does not mind me putting some things one here.

Will not be putting pics of what they look like cause 4xford has already taken some great photo's and my camera suck's .

But here are some pics of the weight of all three lockers.
Stock
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #13
"HOLLYWOOD"

Here is the 6061 locker
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #14
"HOLLYWOOD"

And the new 7075. All this weight is in grams incase you were wondering.

As you can see it is only 1 gram more then the 6061 which is great
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #15
"HOLLYWOOD"

Jusy like 4xford my 6061 had no wear or tear and was as good as new like when I first got it.

Here is my next test which was bearing test with the stock lockers you get a nice tight fit, one thing I noticed with the 6061 is the bearing danced around a little and was loose, this was not the issue with the new 7075 nice tight fit better than the stock lockers yes it fit snug but you were still able to pull the bearing out with out the hard work of a crane lololol.

Instead of photo's here are some video's to show you what I was talking about enjoy.

Here is the stock Locker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLzw-DvcSQg

Here is the 6061 Locker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbPIJbCswnA

And here is the 7075 Locker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTWZJ4mVP7k

Last edited by Mini; 12-09-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #16
"HOLLYWOOD"

For my next test was fitting of the axle again pics can not describe as well as video so here is a little video of how smooth the axle fit, with the stock lockers you have to like hammer the axle into the locker. The best benefit of the 6061 that was passed over was the smoothness of installing the axle great move on behalf of RCBros .

The video show the 7075 with axle masters no slop what so ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-tT41H0j0Y
Old 12-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #17
"HOLLYWOOD"

My final reveiw would be 2 . RCBros has improved on a great product and in this hobby it's hard to come by improving something when it's pretty solid and work's perfect they have done this with this new product way to go the RC Bros staff.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Nice work Mini I think our videos really show how nice these lockers are.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #19
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Nice work Mini I think our videos really show how nice these lockers are.

Thank you sir, I would have to agree 110% Thanks again for letting post up my review on here
Old 12-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboy_347 View Post
please hurry and get these tested , i am almost out of the first batch ...i keep wearing out the screw holes in mine .....i am going to need more soon
I thought I was the only guy who had this problem. can't wait to get these
khwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote