Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: thinking about starting a new comp-rig..help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default thinking about starting a new comp-rig..help

well iam thinking about starting a new rig..i have a ax-10 comp rig fully loaded,55t white dot rovers,a couple of 645 servos for the front and back,3c lipo,spectrom controler,rear steer....built it for my wife..i had a venom creeper comp-rig but i traded it for another ax-10 not quite as built and some boot...so should i put the money in the ax-10 or sell it and take the money and get a berg or something?help
team423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

If you want to get a new rig then go xr10 or bully. Parts are readily available for them. The berg is slowly going out due to attrition . As in good luck finding super 300 axles for it , which you need for it to hold up.
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Sell it and BUY A BERG..................

only if you want to compete............
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksloski View Post
Sell it and BUY A BERG..................

only if you want to compete............

atracys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Now tell him where to get super 300s that have them in stock. Without them its useless
Old 10-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyrc77 View Post
Now tell him where to get super 300s that have them in stock. Without them its useless
Not really, I ran the stock shafts over a year (With Axial Stubs) & they held up fine.

Even with jumping around & getting the front bound, just adjust the end points where the cup doesn't go into the shaft & cut it. You wont have quite as much steering as with the Super 300's but close enough.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
RCC Addict

As far as parts being hard to come by, The only parts that appear to be going away are the 300's and I hope they are just scrambling with the ti/al fighters. I just checked TCS and they have all the gears you could ever want. I vote berg. To many guys have had fits with the XR.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
As far as parts being hard to come by, The only parts that appear to be going away are the 300's and I hope they are just scrambling with the ti/al fighters. I just checked TCS and they have all the gears you could ever want. I vote berg. To many guys have had fits with the XR.
Plus mann makes the 3rd gear & that breaks the most.
R/C Bros. makes the lockers.
Clover does the tubes.
VP makes knuckles.
Axle Master rear shafts.
So on & so on...

Last edited by Speedracer19; 10-24-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Not really, I ran the stock shafts over a year (With Axial Stubs) & they held up fine.

Even with jumping around & getting the front bound, just adjust the end points where the cup doesn't go into the shaft & cut it. You wont have quite as much steering as with the Super 300's but close enough.
Cool but don't you run 300s now? If the stock ones work I will buy your super 300s so you didn't waste any money on them.
Not trying to be a smartass but if he gets a Berg its a dead end. If he starts to break front axles he is done. Yes he can buy stock replacements all day long but if he needs something stronger he can't get it. Just trying to tell him how NOT to waste his money.
If you know where he can get some then thats fine I will be wrong. And incase he is wondering I do run a Berg and I love it.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Cool but don't you run 300s now? If the stock ones work I will buy your super 300s so you didn't waste any money on them.
Not trying to be a smartass but if he gets a Berg its a dead end. If he starts to break front axles he is done. Yes he can buy stock replacements all day long but if he needs something stronger he can't get it. Just trying to tell him how NOT to waste his money.
If you know where he can get some then thats fine I will be wrong. And incase he is wondering I do run a Berg and I love it.
The super 300's are not going away,they are just on hold until the TI Fighters are finished. He will be restocking them soon. I got that from SDS himself.
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckImod View Post
The super 300's are not going away,they are just on hold until the TI Fighters are finished. He will be restocking them soon. I got that from SDS himself.
Then I will retract all of my negative comments and say "Get a Berg" !!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

So you're considering a Berg comper, I hope your wallet is fat!

To quote Harley:

Quote:
Berg axles - $200
Machined Tubes - $200
Steering Kit - $50
Axial Aluminum C's - $30
Super 300 Axles - $130
RC Axle Master Straights - $85
7075 Lockers - $22

That's $717!!!!
ManxCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Point is you don't "Have to have them".

Sure i have them, came with a set of axles i bought from a seller on this board & had them install, these are the ones that i sent to Clover to have the tubes put on, but before that i was running the stock axles with the Axial stubs front & rear.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Point is you don't "Have to have them".

Sure i have them, came with a set of axles i bought from a seller on this board & had them install, these are the ones that i sent to Clover to have the tubes put on, but before that i was running the stock axles with the Axial stubs front & rear.
Okay I think I get your point. Just like some people think they need hardened gears and i have never broken one. Some people have had good luck out of their stock axles and don't see a need to upgrade. Point taken!!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxCrawler View Post
So you're considering a Berg comper, I hope your wallet is fat!

To quote Harley:

The only thing I ever broke in a year of comping with my (stock axled and geared) berg comp rig was a rear axle after it fell off a table onto that wheel at a funky angle.

Did I eventually get big axles and gears? Yes. Did I have to? No.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I recently made the switch from an AX10 with dig to a Berg. It was someone elses Berg that had bought an XR10, it's definatly the best bang for your buck becuase they've already put money into it and built it up. If I were you I'd buy a star and watch the for sale section
GTCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Default Berg

I have a set of Berg V2 axles.They seem very strong out of the box. I say those in a bodiless chassis is the way to go.
superzuki1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

damn boys thats a lot of info...thanks to everyone that replyed...i just cant sit so i lowered the ax-10 and put rear steer on it...i think if i can find someone to buy the axial or find a man with a berg that would be willing to trade me with some boot i will get one...i have been looking on the for sale forum so i might find something....thanks again
team423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Definately get a Berg. The only reason super 300s are hard to get, is because the machinist isn't building any until the ti fighter axles are done. Utherwise, Berg is the only way to go unless you and vp want to be best friends for the xr10. They need it all just to hold up to backyard crawling. You could always go with v2 bergs and need nothing extra unless you want 86 jeep style steering. In which case, I have a set you can buy with 86 jeep steering already and a spare long tube and axle shafts

Darren or phllint on RCC

Last edited by phllint; 10-30-2011 at 07:07 PM.
phllint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

I'm having a hard time finding a set of BERG axles. What's the deal? TCS says they have the V2's in stock, and RPP says they have the V1's in stock, but everyone else is sold out.

Kinda makes me worried to drop the coin on them.

Anyone have a link to a thread that compares the two axle version together? I'm still on the fence with these.
Diablo169 is offline   Reply With Quote