Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: ponits series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default ponits series

I don't know what the current status of the competitions is but I think we should do a friendly competitive series with some trophies or something. Because as of of now all these competitions seem like gtgs and there are no real motives to win..... But lets not get to the cut throat competitive.... just some friendly competition with some prizes for the top four spots of the series..... know what i'm saying?
Redronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Official Cook of the ECC

No real motives to win? You might not, but I do.

We are in the middle of the 2008 series now. I'll post up the season standings in a new thread.

We might need to think about a spring/summer and a fall/winter series.

You got to remember, this is our first year as an official club. Mosy guys, including yourself, have only been around for 6 months or so. There were only two of us who have made it to all the comps so far this season.

The season started quickly so we could have enough events in to be eligible for invites to the Nats. The beginning of the 2009 season will be alot smoother.

Last edited by Scattman; 07-11-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

well not me per say.... i wanna win... my rig doesn't, it keeps breaking! it just seemed to me that from all the comps its always different people and never a steady constant flow of the same ppl.... I'm sure that the next season will be a lot smoother.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redronin View Post
well not me per say.... i wanna win... my rig doesn't, it keeps breaking! it just seemed to me that from all the comps its always different people and never a steady constant flow of the same ppl.... I'm sure that the next season will be a lot smoother.
You're right, it hasn't been the same people but that's not the comp's fault, that is people not wanting to make the drive. Everybody wants to have it in their own backyard. Plus alot of the different faces are new people like yourself and they may be just showing up for their first comp. Plus our Tampa area regulars have missed the last couple.

What it boils down to is that there will only be a few who will travel to all the comps. Hell, 3 of us have made 4 trips to Augusta to run in the last year or so. I have been to N. AL and Tenn. as well. Then again. there will be people you will only see at comps local to them.

I'm not saying the comps run like clockwork though. We never had to really worry about time constraints until recently with the higher than we were used to turnouts that are taking place.

Next season will be better.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

for sure I would be willing to make the drive to a comp as long as its a comp. I cant always make it to any gtg though say comp and im there ( save for a bday or something like that)
Old 07-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #6

Points or not, I wanna come to all of them

I'm just new to this and this will be my first this weekend
Adam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I was at Gainesville last month and heading to Clermont Saturday after our local event Saturday. So I'll be at either one, comp or gtg as they are the same to me, bragging points are bragging points.
Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

I'm all for it redronin. I think we need some prizes for at least the top 3 . Maybe if we charge A 10 or 20 $ entry fee ,we could use the money to buy some nice prizes. It is A long way for most to drive & to only be for bragging points . I think we could have A lot better turnout & it would be more competitive if there were prizes. The first comp. in Tampa was cool because there were prizes. If we only had A few other hobby shops that would donate to the cause ....... I have A LHS in Jax that will give prizes but only for A local comp. Anyone feel like making the trip to J-ville
I think we should also change the way we(me & matt) score.It would be better if we had A few others that would score some. Not that I'm complaining about scoring but it would be more enjoyable if I could play as much as I score. Maybe A buddy scoring system, were we draw A partner & score each other.
dshelowjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I would help out with the scoring, as long as one of you guys train me for the task. I just need some things cleared up in the rules to me & would help out where there is a need.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelowjr View Post
Maybe A buddy scoring system, were we draw A partner & score each other.
Can't really do that, we need the scoring to be the same across the board. More score keepers yes, but we can't have everyone doing it at a comp. We would have a few more but the Tampa area regulars have missed the last couple.

Entry fees are a touchy issue. I personally don't care to spend another 20 bux on top of the fuel and expenses already spent on a trip 2-3 hours away. It already costs 10-20 more in gas now to get to a gtg than last year. Plus I don't think some of the new people would like to spend that money when chances are they will not be reaching the top 3. Do you really think charging everyone 20 is gonna increase attendance? I seriously doubt it. And who is gonna keep track of all this money and prizes to be bought?

We are only 4 events into our 1st official club season and charging entry fees already just seems a little ridiculous to me. As if everything isn't expensive enough already.

Bragging rights works just fine for me. Save that 20 bux David and throw it towards a plane ticket to Moab. You bailed on the last 2 out of state events.

Last edited by Scattman; 07-11-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #11

I already drive to BFE and back doing the nitro gig , so a road trip to J Ville or G ville is no big deal I'm up to pay a 10 or 20 for entry fee as long as it was turned into prizes for 1 2 3 c u sun.
fishnstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I agree with Scattman, while the money is not the issue with me, I can see others that may go and enjoy the gtg not going as they know they do not stand a chance it making it into the top 3. I would rather have more competition than the same 2-6 folks at each gtg.

I use the drag race, (Fun Ford Weekend - Trophy Stock/Street Warrior Class) and it got to only the hardcore 4-5 racers showed up versus the earlier years when we would always have 15+ in our class. It's always better and more fun with more than less. Anyway that's my two cent worth.
Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote