Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: another fun idea event for sanford

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default another fun idea event for sanford

Was thinking for some of us guys who have mud trucks.

MEGA TRUCK CHALLANGE.

If any of you have seen one they consist of

tugs
sled pulll
some kind of mud run
obstacle course

I figured it would be a cool event to have to split the time of the ttc

Comments and suggestions would be great
rdearolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Thats a great idea would def help the time pass between events Plus wouldn't be so embarassed when the top heavy chevy is fallin all over the place
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I think it can go both ways. I can see this event being very close with all the other trucks. I can see where alot of trucks will excel and some events and not with others which in the end would put it close.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Im more than willing to put together something with some help with a few others.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Only for mud type trucks? Sounds good to me, but we would have to set some rules for what type of truck would be allowed. Also we can have mud drag racing
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm_cbf View Post
Only for mud type trucks? Sounds good to me, but we would have to set some rules for what type of truck would be allowed. Also we can have mud drag racing
Of course you want mud racing with the vxl
Old 02-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I would say it would have to be 1/10th scale no clod size wheels tires
Old 02-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdearolf View Post
I would say it would have to be 1/10th scale no clod size wheels tires

WHy not? There are more 1:1's with tractor tires now adays than on, say, 44's. Look at the real mega truck challenege, what were they running, 40's, I don't think so.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
WHy not? There are more 1:1's with tractor tires now adays than on, say, 44's. Look at the real mega truck challenege, what were they running, 40's, I don't think so.
x2...I love my clods.

An idea.... drag a tonka truck backwards in the mud like how they do at the TGW events? I also think we should some short of tank trap..(deep water pit that has to be crossed)??

So is this going to be in replace of the top truck challenge or is this going to be it but it and will be more centered around the mud trucks?

Last edited by smm_cbf; 02-22-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #10
RCC Addict

whats considered a mud truck?is it the size of the wheels?
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
whats considered a mud truck?is it the size of the wheels?
Well that what I'm sayin....you can't really consider everyperson's rig to be a mud rig or not so I think instead of a TTC this go around with a rock crawler and trail course, we base this TTC around mud...drag race in the mud, tonka pull in the mud, tank trap...and then anyone who can enter their rig...but basically we have the same stuff...uphill, trail , rocks...well instead we are trying to change it to be more revolved around water/mud...am I making sence or blabing on.....lol??
Old 02-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well that what I'm sayin....you can't really consider everyperson's rig to be a mud rig or not so I think instead of a TTC this go around with a rock crawler and trail course, we base this TTC around mud...drag race in the mud, tonka pull in the mud, tank trap...and then anyone who can enter their rig...but basically we have the same stuff...uphill, trail , rocks...well instead we are trying to change it to be more revolved around water/mud...am I making sence or blabing on.....lol??
i gotcha so tire size dont matter?what do you have on your blazer tires n shocks?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i gotcha so tire size dont matter?what do you have on your blazer tires n shocks?
I don't know yet...it's Ryan's idea so it will be up to him for the rules. IMO clods should be the tallest tire allowed and no bigger...open to all 1.9er 2.2 and clods.

I'm running imex clod duallies(singles) on narrowed 2.8 wheels. Shocks are scx dual spring, chassis is custom cut from Clint
Old 02-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #14
RCC Addict

man i cant find them where can i get some?thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
man i cant find them where can i get some?thanks
Sorry man you might be out of luck...there are some floating around but kind of hard to find. You can buy a pair of duallies for $50(4 tires) and then buy some 2.8 wheels and narrow them and you'll have your own set but you'll have to ask around I guess and even then I don't think people will get rid of them. I know ander sold his last set, and I sold my last extra set to "Sloppy" in ohio..but just keep looking around a set might pop up but unlikely, sorry to say.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
x2...I love my clods.

An idea.... drag a tonka truck backwards in the mud like how they do at the TGW events? I also think we should some short of tank trap..(deep water pit that has to be crossed)??

So is this going to be in replace of the top truck challenge or is this going to be it but it and will be more centered around the mud trucks?
Niether, it's an event all in it's own, for mud trucks.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:01 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
Niether, it's an event all in it's own, for mud trucks.
Sounds good to me...how do we classify a person's rig as a mudder or not? I was thinking..1)has to be waterproof 2) has to be running 2.2 or clods
Old 02-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

If we could get 6 shovel hands and a few buckets out there we could easily open up the mud hole me and Nate made at the last TTC. That was some pretty nasty black mud, We just need to dig it out wider and dump water in it.

Last edited by Warn Off Road; 02-23-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Warn Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Clod tires are fine by me im up for any ideas and suggestions, but the thing is I dont want to mix this with the ttc event. Yes there are a few similar events between the 2 but it def. splits a crawler based vehicle from a mud style vehicle.

I think we all can tell the diffrences between a crawler and a mudtruck but I think the biggest thing is the scaler style trail trucks or 1.9's which has us raising the question can they enter. I personally dont have a problem with it but I think that would put them as a underdog in the event(Im all about underdogs the more power to you)

The biggest thing though is I think every vehicle that enters has to have a cab, I personally dont qualify tubers as a mega truck. Let me know what you guys think about that. I also think that nitro's should not be able to qualify. Trucks must have adequate body size to wheel deminsion.

As for events this is what I have come up with
Truck tugs
Mud Drags
Tire mud pulls
Bounty hole and or obstacle course(obstacle course more like monster truck style not ttc style meaning small jumps car crushing etc.

Let me know what you guys thing comments and suggestions
Old 02-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdearolf View Post
Clod tires are fine by me im up for any ideas and suggestions, but the thing is I dont want to mix this with the ttc event. Yes there are a few similar events between the 2 but it def. splits a crawler based vehicle from a mud style vehicle.

I think we all can tell the diffrences between a crawler and a mudtruck but I think the biggest thing is the scaler style trail trucks or 1.9's which has us raising the question can they enter. I personally dont have a problem with it but I think that would put them as a underdog in the event(Im all about underdogs the more power to you)

The biggest thing though is I think every vehicle that enters has to have a cab, I personally dont qualify tubers as a mega truck. Let me know what you guys think about that. I also think that nitro's should not be able to qualify. Trucks must have adequate body size to wheel deminsion.

As for events this is what I have come up with
Truck tugs
Mud Drags
Tire mud pulls
Bounty hole and or obstacle course(obstacle course more like monster truck style not ttc style meaning small jumps car crushing etc.

Let me know what you guys thing comments and suggestions
SOunds good to me..maybe a 1.9 class(if there are enough to enter) and an umlimited class(any size 2.2's and clods?)

Also......NO NITROS!!!!