Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Blind Draw Race

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Blind Draw Race

Not trying to steal attention away from Ryan Ds Mega Truck challange

What if we do a simple Blind draw race, and do it regularly at all GTGs??

I did the Blind Draw Race at Bithlo this last Saturday and it was a BLAST!! I got lucky and drew Ken Bs famous "STEAM BOAT" truck as my partner. He ran the Mud side and I ran the diesel on the clay side. It's a really cool concept and very simple

Basically how it works is everyone draws a number out of a hat. But the numbers are in pairs. So If I draw a 4 out of the hat and Ryan draws a 4 also, we're team mates. The catch is if you have a slower truck, you have a good shot at winning if you pair with a fast truck.

With half the group stepping it up and running VXL systems, there are some SICK fast and capable trucks out there. But that leaves some mainly stock trucks at the back of the pack without a chance. This would be a good way to mix up the group and team races are fun anyways!!!

As far as the track, we could flag a simple track through the swamp area in the trees and do a timed run through it.

If we could get one or two guys out there with some rubber concrete boots to place flags or act as helpers in case of roll overs that would be a big help, and an upgrade from "the stick"

Last edited by Warn Off Road; 02-23-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Warn Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
RCC Addict

it all sounds like fun it sucks staying so far i'll be a slow truck
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
it all sounds like fun it sucks staying so far i'll be a slow truck
Yeah, but you have a chance at getting paired up with a fast truck, which is a help to anyone running a slower rig. Being a team race, the two times are put together for a total time.

As team mates you can run the race anyway you want. Lets say Ryans Pink Charger (we all know that things fast!!!) gets paired up with a 1.9 rig that has a good chance of getting stuck, if they want to strap the two rigs together, they can.

Last edited by Warn Off Road; 02-23-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

well i guess it's time for me to be a good boy so wifey can let me go im lookin for some 2.2 mashers right now so i can narrow them
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I like it! I've been wanting to do some type of teams and now we can. I have flags to mark the mud track. I also have some water shoes or something like that, I'll walk trough the mud and water if I have to and to help clear all the big tree branches.
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm_cbf View Post
I like it! I've been wanting to do some type of teams and now we can. I have flags to mark the mud track. I also have some water shoes or something like that, I'll walk trough the mud and water if I have to and to help clear all the big tree branches.
Ill pick up some rubber boots at walmart, theyre pretty cheap. If we cleaned up some of the branches it would really open up some good options for a track. Maybe even an oval track around the trees.

I think we could have a lot of fun with this!!!

I got a new charger so the Bingo rig is ready to tear it up!

Last edited by Warn Off Road; 02-23-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yea, at least I found out you dont have a problem dropping a foot in the mud, im down for helping out in anyway I can, I also like the idea of this

I think the whole idea of these events is awsome, I think it def helps with getting more people into the hobby, and hopefully getting out the word that we could use a place to have this stuff at.

Matt Im open on tuesdays to go down there a scouting stuff out let me know
rdearolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Sounds sweet!!! Damn, you got teamed with steam boat, made your truck look like it was sittin' still..
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Around the trees or maybe even an S-shape track sounds perfect. This will get us pumped up for the mega truck challenge
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

SO, whens this goin' down?
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
Sounds sweet!!! Damn, you got teamed with steam boat, made your truck look like it was sittin' still..
Haha ya I got lucky, we placed 3rd. the first and 2nd place trucks were hard core mud drag trucks, but we were FAR faster then the 4th-10th place trucks.

I also placed 2nd in the diesel drag race with a 5.1 second run (first was 4.99), and 2nd in the truck show. 1st place was a 09 black Silverado duramax with a huge lift and 40s.......I offered out a tug o war for trophies, but of course he declined ..... :-P
Old 02-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdearolf View Post
Yea, at least I found out you dont have a problem dropping a foot in the mud, im down for helping out in anyway I can, I also like the idea of this

I think the whole idea of these events is awsome, I think it def helps with getting more people into the hobby, and hopefully getting out the word that we could use a place to have this stuff at.

Matt Im open on tuesdays to go down there a scouting stuff out let me know
I forgot you said tuesdays, you should have called me today!!

BTW, k92 is holding a Bass challange or something like that coming up soon, me and my buddy Brock of going to enter........ you down? It's free to enter and 1st place is a $2500 pay out.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Around the trees or maybe even an S-shape track sounds perfect. This will get us pumped up for the mega truck challenge

Yeah, I think it will really get some good smack talking (for fun of course) going!!! Im just stoked about team races, I think it will really be a blast!

Like Ryan D said, it will get new comers a better chance to meet people int he same hobby.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
SO, whens this goin' down?
The next GTG, Unlike the TTC or the MTC, it should be a quick set up. Maybe 10 min to set up a quick track with some flags, 5 min to draw numbers, and we're ready to rock!

As far as team challanges though, what do you guys have in mind?

Some type of S track back in tress

Maybe a team tug o war, (hook two trucks to two trucks), and since we're going to be dealing with FAST trucks, maybe a race through the dug out. We can toss some of the rocks Andrew brought for the last TTC in there and make it fairly hard. It should slow down the fast trucks and give the slower team mates a chance to catch up. This way every run doesnt result in the slower truck being hooked to and dragged through the course.

3 quick challanges, if 12 trucks enter, at 6 runs a challange it should roll through pretty quickly......
Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warn Off Road View Post
I forgot you said tuesdays, you should have called me today!!

BTW, k92 is holding a Bass challange or something like that coming up soon, me and my buddy Brock of going to enter........ you down? It's free to enter and 1st place is a $2500 pay out.
Im def down for that
rdearolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:00 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Damn I missed alot lately
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:00 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like a really fun idea plus like you said its something we can do all the time b/c its quick and easy setup
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
Sounds like a really fun idea plus like you said its something we can do all the time b/c its quick and easy setup
....or so that's the goal :-P