Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Newish to the Rc crawler world

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #1

Default Newish to the Rc crawler world

Just stopping by to say Hi for the first time. I have a Traxxis T-Maxx, that I'm going to try to make in to a crawler. I looked around the site for a little and Ive seen a few Maxxs modded for crawling.

I got the T-maxx back when I was 16 and raced it up and down the neighborhood wrecked it a few times. Then threw it in a box in the garage and there it sat for 3 years. This passed weekend at a "life size" rock crawling event one of the guys in my club had a RC crawler and reignited my interest.

It's in fair condition now. I went out and bought 177$ worth of stuff for it. 2 new servos ( one with more torque for steering and one also for the trans shifter.) , a battery pack for the on board electronics, a battery pack for the starter thing, 2 glow plugs, front tire rods, 20% fuel, and new gears.
Anyways this morning I removed 1 or the 2 shocks from the arms and this is how she sits now.

Ab09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Not to knock your re-sparked interest in the hobby, but for what you spent on trying to make a nitro into a crawler was kinda pointless. FOr the same amount or alittle more, then selling your tmaxx to rebuild the funds, you could have gotten an ax10 or scx10 on ebay, and will out perform the crawlability/scale-ability of the Tmaxx. But, like I stated first, good to see that you're aleast back into the hobby.

-Clint
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

If you watch the for sale section you can find some good deals on rollers and complete trucks for a cheap price i have bought two complete trucks for 200 on here.I would sell that if youu want a crawler or kepp it so you can go fast and buy a used truck that already has upgrades or you could buy one of BAD BKO"s trucks
muddbogger is offline   Reply With Quote