Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Sunday 18th, Sanford Boat Ramp!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Great pics man, so glad some more people were able to make it out there today. Love those shots of the 4x4 Slash. LOL, yeah the RC4WD 35t on 6s LiPo didnt last very long did it? Oh well atleast it wasnt expensive. Well now Im trying to talk wifey in to handing over some cashola for an ebay and RPPHobby purchase. Only about 260 total, 190 off ebay and 70 off RPP. Hope she goes for it.!!!!!! Just take some smooth talkin and some TLC But I shall be getting the parts one way or another.....
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #22

Sorry i missed out,looks like you guys had a good time. My daughter came over with my 2 month old Granddaughter this morning so I stayed home. I wont miss next Sunday. My Edge is rocking a new VF\DNA Dig with MIP shafts! Cant wait to hit the rocks next Sunday! BTW Matt I will get with you this week for the sidewinder, Sorry I did not make it today. I will send you a PM too.
orlandocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Man, y'all got some great pics! I finally got a chance to get mine uploaded. Here's the full album: http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ord%209-18-11/

And yeah... I'm gonna end up having to build a scaler now too...

version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Default Scale Comp Rules

Well I know in the very near future myself and a few others would really like to get together a Scale Competition out here at the Sanford Boat Ramp. I myself already have to swap out my 2.2 Chisels since it is on the Tire Ban List. ( not sure really why except that they are over 4.75" tall) Ill be getting a set of TSL's 2.2 which are not on the ban list so I believe they are legal. Either way Im going to start up a new thread here in the Florida section and see if we can get some interest in a Scale comp.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #25

ya good time today, looking forward to next week. Maybe with another rig.
hpirick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #26

Thumbs up

You guys are gonna make me build a scaler... My wife is gonna be pissed!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #27

Default good meeting some of you guys today

i came a bit late, but still had fun. i had the wheely king/high lift

bckbmpr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by version_three View Post
Man, y'all got some great pics! I finally got a chance to get mine uploaded. Here's the full album: http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ord%209-18-11/
the album is password protected as a private album
iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
the album is password protected as a private album
Oops, my bad. Should be public now

@AsILay... I went and done it... got a waterproof BRXL on the way, and I'm putting in an order to rpp for the few more parts I need for a scaler build. How does a 14" wheelbase on 2.2 flatirons sound?
Old 09-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

awesome man!

you have some great photos in that album too!
iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:36 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by version_three View Post
Oops, my bad. Should be public now

@AsILay... I went and done it... got a waterproof BRXL on the way, and I'm putting in an order to rpp for the few more parts I need for a scaler build. How does a 14" wheelbase on 2.2 flatirons sound?

Sweet, what is the height of the 2.2 Flatirons. Im trying to find a good 2.2 tire thats not over 4.75" SORRCA legal. Let me know. Im ordering some 1.9 RC4WD Mickey Thompsons

EDIT: I found they are 4.84" high. I have to figure this crap out cause I want the size of 2.2 but might as well go with a tall 1.9 since it cant be over 4.75" in Class 2. Class 3 they are ok, but thats a highly modded class.

Last edited by AsILayDying; 09-19-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
Sweet, what is the height of the 2.2 Flatirons. Im trying to find a good 2.2 tire thats not over 4.75" SORRCA legal. Let me know. Im ordering some 1.9 RC4WD Mickey Thompsons

EDIT: I found they are 4.84" high. I have to figure this crap out cause I want the size of 2.2 but might as well go with a tall 1.9 since it cant be over 4.75" in Class 2. Class 3 they are ok, but thats a highly modded class.
Yeah I thought about going 1.9, but that just wouldn't work right for a F650

I'll have to keep working on my EB plans to run class 3
Old 09-19-2011, 07:24 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

that place looks amazing comepared to what i have been crawling on i cant wait to come out sunday and i love the toyota they are bad ass

oh yea as the name leads on to ill be bring out my cameras as well
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Awesome! Can't wait to get more people out there. It really is a great place to crawl and scale. Believe it or not our Scalers are handling very well out there. It has more to do with setup and driver skill then just being a crawler or a scaler.

@ version. I want to start up a club of some type maybe CFSC ( Central Florida Scalers and Crawlers ). Let me know what ya think and yeah I think you better just go for class 3 and build something badass. I'm looking at either the Mickey Thompson 1.9's or the TSL Super Swampers 1.9.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I think you better just go for class 3 and build something badass.
For the short run, I just wanna get my F650 built - I've had most of the parts I need in a box for the last 6 months. It will land somewhere between class 2 and 3, but I don't plan on competing with it.

Now my other idea... full-on class 3 EB It should be a force to be reckoned with.

In the meantime I'll just keep crawlin over y'all while you're crawlin in your scalers
Old 09-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #36

@ asilaydying I am up for starting a club, The weather should be perfect in a couple more weeks for some all day crawling.. I have my Wheely King And an axial transmission. Now all I need is a chassis to start a scaler build!! I have some 1.9 Flatirons with stock axial rims too.. When are you gonna build a comp rig?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Yeah I know I know. It's only fair if Version_three is building a scaler I should build a Comp rig. Hope my wife sees it that way,
Anyways I'm in the middle of tearing down the Rubiconcho and the Dingo to get them within specs of the comp rules. I'm really not liking the look or my wrangler now with 1.9 Flatirons compared to 2.2 Chisels. Oh well.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #38

I think I will put my Team Associated RC10GT up for sale or trade to get some funds up for a scaler. It is sitting not being used. I will post it here to see if i get any interest, If not I will e-bay it!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Yeah I know I know. It's only fair if Version_three is building a scaler I should build a Comp rig. Hope my wife sees it that way,
Anyways I'm in the middle of tearing down the Rubiconcho and the Dingo to get them within specs of the comp rules. I'm really not liking the look or my wrangler now with 1.9 Flatirons compared to 2.2 Chisels. Oh well.
are you gonna sell those rubbers? Ill take them off your hands if you want

they looked great on there, and I dont see myself in any comps any time soon
droppedls4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #40
RCC Addict

dropped, you should post on my new thread about starting a local crawling club.

As for the wheels and tires..... im keeping them since I may build a badass Class 3 rig or something just awesome for crawlin and mudd runnin' Just never know. Ill look around for you, I believe I have seen a few for sale. Ill let you know.

Here it is now with it back down to 1.9's and adjusted suspesnion, shortened links and all......boohoo I dont like it yet.

Last edited by AsILayDying; 09-19-2011 at 06:44 PM.