Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Next G6 spot? You tell me.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Official Cook of the ECC

Default Next G6 spot? You tell me.

Since the 1st G6 was so much fun even though I DNF'ed the 2nd course..............

Everyone had a blast and I really love the spot at LobLolly in Gainesville but we have to be careful since it is a public spot. I am always worried that someone may complain if they see us gettin' crazy down by the creek. Plus it is a pretty good walk to the area we play in not to mention the fact that parking is very limited.

Here is a spot that has alot to offer but has no water crossings. This has been my local shooting range for years and where Bob and I ran our F-OFF rigs. Anything goes out here. Nobody to complain about noise or anything else. It is an old clay pit with numerous big sandy hills and jumps with soft sand and clay. Massive amounts of room here for parking and running. Go fast rigs work very well here as well as 1:1's if sandy hill climbs is your thing.

There is plenty enough room for me to get my RV down in the bottom of the pit to have an air conditioned spot to wrench on rigs and cold refreshments.

Would you guys like a place like this where anything goes or run another G6 at LobLolly in Gainesville?

Here are the coordinates to the clay pit....... 29.635877, -81.973577
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Next G6 spot? You tell me.

how are you planning on setting up a course at the new place ?
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
how are you planning on setting up a course at the new place ?
Not sure what you mean?

I used survey flags before and probably will again. I have enough for about 150 gates. They don't get moved around like what happens with tennis balls.

Pretty much same as last time, 2 courses, one long, the other very long. I think the courses were 50 and 70 gates each last time.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I'd be down to give it a go

Wish I still had the FOFF for the pit
Robotboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

sorry i ment is it all sand and clay at the new area like will you have to dig and build the whole course or will there be grass and wooded area thats more natural. im down for either i heard the first place was awesome but this new place sounds pretty cool as well
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
sorry i ment is it all sand and clay at the new area like will you have to dig and build the whole course or will there be grass and wooded area thats more natural. im down for either i heard the first place was awesome but this new place sounds pretty cool as well
It's a big sand pit surrounded by trees, grass......

Check out this vid. Can't see much but you'll get an idea
Serious Fun at the Sand Pit - YouTube
Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Hmm That hill looks fun and a challenge and with a shovel could give some really cool lines but all that soft sand I think is a problem
Old 01-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I vote for the next one at Gainesville again since it looks like there will be some new faces. We will just keep it away from the main area again. Everyone be aware the Gainesville spot is a tread very lightly area. No trash or tearing up the area please.
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

that should be a given for all places we run at so we have places to run
Old 01-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
that should be a given for all places we run at so we have places to run
You would think, but there are a few that need a friendly reminder

Guy in Jersey stopped having comps at his house because
of a few pigs that showed up
Old 01-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Few questions. When are you planning this comp since we don't want to setup conflicting dates. Also if you are doing the comp at this new spot which I don't mind looks cool, would you need some materials or stuff to make terrain?
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
I vote for the next one at Gainesville again since it looks like there will be some new faces. We will just keep it away from the main area again.
Couldn't we also do it at the G-Ville comp spot?
That may be cool as well
Old 01-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

This G6 sounds like fun, clay pit looks cool I would vote for it but G-ville would be good too. I was reading the rules and was wondering about the scale accessories. Does my spare tire and driver count as part of the 5 ? Just so I know if I need to get some more stuff, plan on adding to it anyway. Look's like I need to get my winch hooked up.

Last edited by Mt.Dew; 01-18-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Mt.Dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
Looking for new Trails

Oh ya this will be fun...I would say let's run were we ran before it was fun and very cool place to play but just remember tread lightly and I think we will be fine......

And a winch will be a must so make sure you have your recovery gear ready and on your rig...
I will also say make sure you bring a backpack and spare parts and tools you will want to bring spare parts and battier in you backpack.... Be ready....
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Dew View Post
This G6 sounds like fun, clay pit looks cool I would vote for it but G-ville would be good too. I was reading the rules and was wondering about the scale accessories. Does my spare tire and driver count as part of the 5 ? Just so I know if I need to get some more stuff, plan on adding to it anyway. Look's like I need to get my winch hooked up.
Spare tire= yes. Driver= yes.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Question, just skimming the G6 rules I noticed it's only 1.5 & 1.9.
I know you guys ran 2.2 last time, you gonna again?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Here are the rules I would like. Matt, see any that need changing, or need to add any?

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Driver Guidelines:

Scale vehicle requirements:

1. Must be 1/10 scale electric car/truck with a scale chassis. (No 2.2 comp chassis with a scale body) A scale chassis could be a MSD, or RC4WD, or Axial SCX-10 chassis, or a tube chassis.

2. 1.5, 1.9, or 2.2 wheels and tires ONLY! Tire may be name brand or knock offs, just as long as they resemble the real thing.

3. Vehicle must have at least 5 scale accessories. (I.e. jerry can, bed roll, cooler, shovel, winch, rock lights, ect.) This requirement may vary from G6 to G6 depending on what the event requires.

4. A vehicle may have 4x4 or 2x4 capabilities.

5. A vehicle must have a tow strap and winch points. (I.e. Bumper, D-rings, ect.)

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Stage Format:

When a driver starts a stage, he/she is competing against the clock. A driver must navigate thru the stage gates in the order they are numbered and between the gates, even if winching is required. A time penalty is given for hitting a gate or a boundary. A stage is completed when the driver crosses the finish line.

1. 2 to 4 driving stages.

2. Finishing order will be determined by the over all accumulative adjusted time of all the driving stages. For teams, all the times of the team drivers will be added together. Team drivers are all eligible for the overall award.

3. Time bonuses are earned by completing the mandatory skills sections cleanly. If a driver has to winch or hits a boundary or a gate marker, a time bonus will not be awarded and the driver still has to finish the bonus stage.

4. Stages can range in distance. Battery changes may be performed as needed on a stage. If a driver has only one battery and cannot complete the stage, the driver must leave the rig at the location on the stage while the battery is being charged. If the rig is removed from the stage then a DNF will be recorded and the max time given to that driver for the stage.

5 Once a stage has been started by the driver; the time will not stop until the driver has crossed the finish line. This includes repairs on course and in the pit. When the last driver to start a stage crosses the finish line, the stage is closed, if a driver is still on the stage when the stage closes, that driver will receive a DNF and given the max time for the stage.

6. No repairs or battery changes can be made during a skills challenge section. On course repairs and battery changes can be made at the point of breakage and as long as the stage is still open.

7. Drivers will start at specified intervals; if a driver catches up to a fellow driver, the driver that is being passed, must yield to the faster driver immediately. A driver cannot overtake another driver during a special skill section; the faster driver must wait at the start of the skills section until the slower driver exits said section.
8. There is no “Hand of God”. This means all recoveries must be done by using a winch. If the rig is underwater and the driver grabs the rig instead of using the penalty winch, that driver will be charged a 3 minute penalty. The G6 is designed for a driver to be a driver, not a boonie basher. If a driver does not have a winch and has to use the penalty winch; a 3 minute penalty will be charged to that driver.

10. The running order will be G6 specific. It may be luck of the draw or running order may be assigned by the last G6 times. Stage Buddy’s will be assigned in a similar manner.

A Stage buddy is a driver’s stage marshal. He or she will be on the stage with the driver marking time penalties or time bonus and if the driver does not have a winch, the stage buddy will use the penalty winch to recover or assist the driver’s vehicle. After the driver completes his stage, then the stage buddy and the driver switch roles. At no time will the stage buddy assist a driver with navigating the stage. A stage buddy is not a co-driver. G6 team drivers will not be a stage buddy for a team member. Team members may or may not be allowed to help navigate a fellow team driver. That will be deemed by the G6 event.

Time Penalties:

Hitting a gate marker will result in a 1:00 min time penalty.

Using the penalty winch will result in a 3 min penalty.

Time Bonuses:

Completing a time bonus section cleanly a driver will receive a 3 minute time bonus. If a driver has to winch, hits the boundary, or has to make a repair or battery change in the section, no time bonus will be awarded and any penalties will be charged.

Time bonus sections will have a specific color boundary and have a stage gate at the beginning and end of the section, but may involve more than two gates.

Stage Gates:

A stage will be marked with gates. The gates are used to keep you on course and show the intended direction. There will be 2 flags. The numbered flag will always be on the right(passenger) side.

A rig must drive between the stage gates and all 4 tires must be inside the stage gates for progression, even if winching is required to successfully clear the gate. There is no straddling a stage gate to progress.

A stage gate can only be driven in the intended direction! A driver CANNOT drive thru a stage gate and then reverse back through it to continue on the stage.

A stage gate may also have special skill instructions attached to them. The driver and the stage buddy are responsible for making sure all special skills are performed for the stage.

Special Skill Sections:

A special skill section will have boundaries and be marked by a specific color.

A special skill section can be a task such as changing a tire and running the section using the spare tire or using a winch to perform a task. A special section can be driving in snow, ice, mud, water, and sand, up hill, down hill or in reverse.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #18
Looking for new Trails

DATE FOR EVENT ?

i know there is a crawl comp in two weeks so ?

and SUPER BOWL is the weekend of the 4,5 of Feb.. no good for most...

so February 12 , 19 , 26 this also give some time to recoup and fix from the last event

ALSO 1.5 ,1.9 , 2.2 rig will be run

Last edited by yoda@4x4; 01-19-2012 at 08:14 AM.
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

i would vote for the weekend of the 12 because speedweeks starts around the 19th and will be racing at new smyrna those next two weeks
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #20

I also say the 12 sounds give good and gives people time to get ready for it.
djblubaugh1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Next G6 spot? You tell me. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 spot rocks for brains Utah 0 01-16-2010 06:44 PM
new spot yukon635 Mississippi 2 01-07-2010 12:10 PM
New Spot? TruckerBrad Montana 4 01-04-2010 07:22 PM
New Spot skid plate Colorado 6 03-16-2009 07:27 PM