Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: swfl?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2020, 12:32 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: swfl?

I don’t know of any park or trail areas there, Check in with Paradise Hobby?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2020, 09:01 AM   #22

Looks like I will have to build my own backyard course. Recently took my gen7 pro to yellow fever creek preserve. The trails they are decent. Found a couple decent areas to play in for a little while but obviously it was mostly flat. Sign says no "motorized vehicles" but it didn't seem to bother anyone. Considering trying out the Yukpen preserve. Would be cool to find someone with an existing backyard track, but I don't know anyone in the area that's into rc crawling. Only been back down here about a year. Kinda missing my upstate NY terrain!
Dizzybasher88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:52 AM   #23
RCC Addict

What I do when I'm hunting a new spot is use Google maps (on the web not the app). Switch to satellite view and look around Bridges and stuff like that. Unfortunately in the 10 mins or so looking I didn't find much around you. I don't know how far it is from you, but live oak point has some rip rap at the end of the park and under the bridge area. Might be a good low tide spot to crawl. I wouldn't think anyone would care if moved some of the rocks around to make some lines. Wear gloves! Barnacles are hell on bare skin. Good luck brother! Hope it helps!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:05 AM   #24

Great idea. Thanks. Will definitely give that a try. Planning to build some kind of obstacle course in the near future. Need to put this thing thru the paces and figure out what kind of mods need to be done. Steering is serious need of improvement, thinking CVs will help. But wont know till I get some real crawling in what else needs improvement. Thanks again
Dizzybasher88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:09 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Default swfl?

We do have a great crawling course down here, BUT it’s in Broward County, across Alligator Alley, Markham Park, well worth the drive.

Group gets together on Sunday mornings, near the airfield.

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #26

Cecil webb has some nice rock piles to play on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
S.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 07:29 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Just came across this group in Lazy springs Lee County FL and remembered seeing this post. Figured I'd share. https://www.facebook.com/groups/7425...675/?ref=share

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:20 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Just came across this group in Lazy springs Lee County FL and remembered seeing this post. Figured I'd share. https://www.facebook.com/groups/7425...675/?ref=share

Unfortunately so much stuff has shifted over the FB, it's a shame honestly. I prefer the forums like this one, you tend to get a much better group of people, you can look back and find the tech articles easy, etc. I run a FB group (not for RC Crawlers) but heck, sometimes I can't find my own posts in my own group....lol.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:14 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
Unfortunately so much stuff has shifted over the FB, it's a shame honestly. I prefer the forums like this one, you tend to get a much better group of people, you can look back and find the tech articles easy, etc. I run a FB group (not for RC Crawlers) but heck, sometimes I can't find my own posts in my own group....lol.
Totally agree
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:16 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
I agree 100% which is why I linked back to the FL subforum on RCC and this specific thread in both the FB group and the reddit thread I found the FB group.

spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 05:56 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Bonita Here....... let’s crawl!

Hang up and Drive