Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Formula Offroad

Notices

Thread: TQ Twist at high speed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default TQ Twist at high speed

HI guys

I am having major issues of TQ twist with my new brushless setup, i mean riding 3 wheels to about 20mph and then te 4th wheel slowly comes down.

I was thinking of trying a sort-of anti roll bar system, jointing 2 lower links together, but not sure if that will work?

any ideas?

Craig
craigrobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I guess my first question would be, what chassis are we working with here ? Can you post up some pictures of your set up ? Help us so we maybe able to help you.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
I guess my first question would be, what chassis are we working with here ? Can you post up some pictures of your set up ? Help us so we maybe able to help you.
Sure that would be great.

Its a totally custom chassis (well sorta) it was a 2.2 replica made by myself of the G-made stealth.

I'v only got pictures before it was complete but this shows the basic layout i have, battery is in the back, motor is mid mounted and servo on the front axle.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
RCC Addict

O.K. Now I know what rig you are working on. I would say the first thing to eliminate is the upper 3-link set up. And go to a 4-link. Also consider lowering the stance all together and create stability that way. The set up the way it is, would be considered a crawler. In my opinion you really need a flatter stance. I do realize the chassis are different but to create stability is the same. Also as you look at other builds you will find a flat link design with less suspension travel.

Example :

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 12-09-2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: edit
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I would start with a 4 link too,but also lower your upperlinks at the frame end at least an inch or two. I had the same problem with my afor build with the three wheel motion. Although my issue was fixed with lenghening the lower links to the point my uppers were only 2/3rds the lenght of the lowers.
bent70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
Scale Detail Engineering

you could use much shorter shocks and mount them further back for a more vertical orientation... A longer wb can help too.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Pretty much what they all are saying Stand the rear shocks up more run a heavier spring on the torque side, 4 link it and space the uppers apart more on the rear end, try to get your upper links more parallel to your lower, and most importantly get it lowered down so your cog is closer to the center line of your pinions......or just rock it wheelies are cool
Hacksaw707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys,

I am gonna try the sujestion but money is tight to be buying more parts at the moment unfortunatly.

I'll give it ago though, thanks!

Craig
Old 12-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

if money is tight, just try adjusting your upper links you have. move them down on the frame side as said above. also, get some fuel tubing or something of the sort and limit your shocks internally so they would be shorter.
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote