Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Gmade air system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Gmade air system

Anyone try this out, and is it worth it or no?
Bogncrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Not worth it imo. If it was, it would've done taken off and eventually offered different tire/wheel sizes. Do you really want to carry an air pump around all the time whenever you go trailing? Read that they leak and the valve is probe to breaking. I asked the same question early last year and my answer was "use the search feature" which I did cuz this topic has been covered before and found hardly anybody uses them. I never got a set and glad I didn't.

sent from a mobile device dumber than me.
railripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Gmade air system

Thanks, sounds like it would be a cool thing but more of a pain in the ass
Bogncrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

They were horrible. Good gimmick but a waste.
Steve Hipsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogncrawl View Post
Thanks, sounds like it would be a cool thing but more of a pain in the ass
Yes from what I gathered is what people were saying. You know...if you wanted to have that "realistic air in the tire effect" you can stick your tires in the freezer for a few mins. When you take them out and expose them to warm air, they will kinda "inflate like a real tire". I've never done it, but you could do it for fun...it would get old after awhile too like the Gmade air system but at least it wouldn't cost a penny...unless you forget about them in the freezer.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #6

Heh, never understood why it's a terrible idea. Rock crawlers around the world have been using a real bead lock with air in the tires for as long as there have been rock crawlers.

If you want, pretty simple. Go to the Dollar store and find the balls with an air valve. Drill holes in your wheels a size or two smaller than the valve and use a rubber sealant to put around it just in case. Be sure to carefully cut the valve out. Don't use razor knives, as you're likely to slice the valve. Rendering it useless. Use a small ball pump, be careful as it doesn't take much air. Also be sure and wet the needle before you insert it, it helps. I rarely have to air my tires, unless there is a dramatic fluctuation in air temp. My ball pump is about the size of gmade's but, works quite well.

Last edited by Pixelfantasies; 01-31-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Pixelfantasies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I've had G-air on my truggy for a year now, I rarely have to add air, and in my case work out better than the roc loks I have.
Gvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Pixelfantasies...I wasn't saying the idea of air in rc tires was a bad idea, hell...I think it's an awesome idea, I still want do it to add more scale realism but I havent yet. I was just saying that there haven't been enough good reviews on the Gmade air system therefore I would not recommend the system to anybody. Also the price alone could be an indication that it's a cheap product. I'd rather buy a set of $150 aluminum beadlock wheels from rc4wd or vp than Gmades air system...and the best part...they're made in the good old USA so you can expect quality and the people who make them are getting a good wage. Now don't get me wrong..I like Gmades ts-01,02 shocks and a couple other of their products. I just wouldn't take a chance on it myself.

Thanks for sharing how to make your own air system, I really appreciate that and may use your ideas.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Gvus...have you ever had any problems like having to air up or airing down depending on terrain? Can you use other brands of tires on the wheels? Does it make your truggy more bouncy with air instead of foams? If the tires/wheels were well taking care of, I could see them lasting for a long time.
Also I see you are in anchorage, AK...I'm going up to visit family in June, maybe we could get together for a run and I can see how that system works for you...could change my mind.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I haven't tried other tires yet but I'm sure they'd fit. As for airing up or down.... I for the most part leave the same amout of air in the tires... Just enough air pressure that the contact patch is firm enough to not look like a flat tire. My truggy weighs in around 9-10lbs so it's not bouncy and it's pretty predictable. I don't see why the wheels wouldn't last unless your overly abusing them.

Lemme know when you make it up here and we'll go outside and play.

Last edited by Gvus; 02-01-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

With that kind of weight, I can understand those kinds of handling characteristic's using the air system...which is the kind of handling I look for in my rigs as well. Sounds like it works and holds air pretty well.

I will pm you around that time I leave for AK so we get a plan going for locations and what not before I get there:thumbup:

Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Yes as far as being durable to someone who abuses the wheels, they wouldnt last very long. For who take care of their stuff, they could hold up well for some time.

BOGNCRAWL...so really it's up to you if you want to try the g air system. Give some time to think about it and see if anybody else chimes in on this topic. Take what you've learned at make your decision. From what these two are saying, the system could be right for you. The biggest problem for me is that the system doesn't utilize different tire/wheel sizes. Gvus may change my mind about the system come June:eek::thumbup:

Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Lemme know when you get here... I might be able to get a couple other guys to go too.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

i was searching for the G-AIR system thread when i saw the pics of the new Voodoo tires in their softest compound... thing came to my mind that it being so soft would be a good match for the G-AIR as... maybe.
dextan22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Gmade air system - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gmade air wheels krazycrawler888 Tires and Wheels 3 05-02-2011 08:35 AM
Gmade Air System .. CERO G-Made Crawlers 0 10-15-2010 01:11 PM
2.2 Gmade G-air system???? oxyjansen Tires and Wheels 5 02-13-2009 08:13 AM