Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: R1 RTR not happy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #1

Angry R1 RTR not happy

Got the R1 RTR nothing is waterproof- 1 shock don't go all the way down-Pinion gear set screw stripped never even got to use it yet!!!! It's not good when you have to fix it before U use it. Should have bought the kit would have been cheaper in long run. Crawl On
Crawl On is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: R1 RTR not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl On View Post
Got the R1 RTR nothing is waterproof- 1 shock don't go all the way down-Pinion gear set screw stripped never even got to use it yet!!!! It's not good when you have to fix it before U use it. Should have bought the kit would have been cheaper in long run. Crawl On

Nope.......
The stock pinion is too soft, no big deal . You paid $100.00 for TX/rx, dig, esc, and two motors.
The motors and Tx are worth that easy. I upgraded with BR minis as I blew up my stock esc, destroying it, due to me.The dig finally gave up last week. You can waterproof if you must.
The rig overall is a joy to run.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I built mine with Axial parts so it's 'technically' not an R1 since it doesn't have portal axles. Solid as a rock, though.

Let me whore it...

Sucks to have a broken RTR. A sack o Robinson pinioned isn't too much. Shocks are usually the first upgrade of many. Good luck and keep us posted.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:56 PM   #4

Got new pinion gear so now it runs, I have a ? about rear steer can I use another channel on the receiver or what does it take to power it what is a good waterproof servo and horn to get for it any info would help. Thanks Crawl On
Crawl On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The rear steer should be covered in the manual. But the 3rd channel on the Rx should be the one to use.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:11 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl On View Post
Got new pinion gear so now it runs, I have a ? about rear steer can I use another channel on the receiver or what does it take to power it what is a good waterproof servo and horn to get for it any info would help. Thanks Crawl On
There's a decent dialog about four wheel steering in my build thread here: Thinkcooper's first R1

The RTR transmitter is only a two channel system so you'll need to use one of the heyOK or wiggle systems. MikeMCE mentioned the name in that linked thread.

I had a really detailed reply written up for you, but it got lost when trying to submit it. Sorry about that.

Bottomline, 4ws is a blast to have, transforms the turning capabilities of the R1, but it takes some work to set it up.
Thinkcooper is offline   Reply With Quote

R1 RTR not happy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Twin Hammers Happy but not so happy at the same time angeloreyes27 Vaterra Twin Hammers 0 08-20-2013 06:23 AM