Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Sawback

Notices

Thread: Sawback Christmas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2016, 11:57 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Sawback Christmas

yeah i think i get it, im going to be doing something similar soon hopefully, kind of want to use the rc4wd scx10 2 speed at the same time to make a true poor mans trailfinder. also im just using a stock redcat radio for the moment, heres some pics of the cms setup and some pics from yesterday when i was out trailriding.

now hopefully i can get out today to test my new cms, thanks to BrotherAndySLB for the idea btw.
dubyas1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Do you have any good side views of your sawback?

Reason I request is it seems the sawback a frame hangs down low in the center and I wanted to see with your body ride height how much frame actually shows with the hilux body
XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

just looking through my photobucket i found this, it does hang down but not excessively, the skid plate hanging down is a way bigger issue.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:53 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

That's not bad at all. Thanks man
Old 04-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

i want to do some sort of front mount motor trans swap... is the rc4wd two speed possible to do on a sawback? i still want to buy this hilux but want to run interior. ive been searching and not finding anything significant
VR6 BeelzeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

I'm sure its possible, you would just have to make up cross members to mount the tranny and transfer case, I'm still just thinking of using the scx10 based two speed mounted on the skidplate, no room for an interior but I don't really want one anyway.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Hmmm, the only significant difference would be the frame width between each rail right? So the stock tranny mount/skid would be the only "crucial" part. So if this is swapped out everything should be adjustasble... or am i missing something?
Old 04-23-2016, 08:30 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

The battery tray and electronics box also are cross members and would have to be modified to run the rails at a different width, I'm not sure how much wider or not a sawback chassis is to a trailfinder so it's hard to say. I wish I had some trailfinder tranny and transfer case mounts I could tell you more if it were in front of me. What i was thinking is use the transgender (lol whoops that's what my tablet converts trailfinder to, lol.) tranny and transfer case mount and mount them to the sawback chassis somehow and see what you have.
If your on Facebook join the sawback owners group, there is a guy on there working on a front mount motor and tranny.

Last edited by dubyas1989; 04-23-2016 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:56 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

I'm in the process of getting parts together right now to try a front trans/center t-case. So for I ordered an rc4wd hammer t-case, t-case mount (for trail finder), and an rc4wd blazer body kit. i just ordered that stuff about a half hour ago and now that I think about it, I don't think the transfer case mount will work. Here's what I know... ...tf2 bumpers fit scx10's, scx10 bumper mounts fit the width of the sawback, and the center section of the sawback is wider than the front/rear. If I have to I can always cut down the center skid I made. I'm gonna try mounting the stock transmission up front out of the way of the servo and connect it to the t-case with a stock driveshaft for mockup. I need the body before I can start on a front trans mount to see how far forward I need it to clear the firewall and interior. Just holding the trans up to get a visual makes me think I will need an even longer shaft. Depending on how skinny the transfer case mount is you might be able to add spacers on each end. When everything I just ordered comes in I can get a better idea to see how cheap I can do it, if I can do it. I searched and searched and finally found a thread on one, but most of the pics were not viewable and it looked complicated. I'm no expert engineer so I like simple. Sorry for such a long post, but I'm excited about this one.
monster 550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Yeah we are excited too, I wanted to try but I'm a little gunshy of spending so much on a maybe, do you have a build thread? If not make one so we can keep up and steal your ideas! Lol. I'm also thinking of getting another sawback and doing a blazer body too.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

I don't have a build thread. The maybe part is why I didn't wanna spend so much money. I got the transfer case off fleabay for like $30 from a new takeoff tf2 kit. I'm gonna try using the stock transmission first matted to it. If it all works great, if not I'll still have the blazer body.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:57 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

So after running the truck quite a bit lately I have my next set of upgrades and changes planned, going to be changing up the wheels to 1.7" wagon wheels with the dick cepek trail country tires, higher torque servo, front mount battery, New skidplate, and a new hilux body with magnetic mounts and a bobbed bed, also adding a winch and front and rear bumpers.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:26 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Good plan for the wheels.

I promissed the wife I would leave my sawback stock for one month lol. Well after that one month it will be getting 1.7 wagon wheels and Baja claws...and a blazer body
Old 04-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Lol, the Baja claws are my second choice, and I'm really mad at rc4wd the blazer body was released like the day my hilux arrived inn the mail, if I had known in would have done the blazer first, well it's just an excuse to get another sawback or a trailfinder to turn into a blazer.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:29 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Lol, I bought my wife some new headphones so she couldn't be mad at me for ordering my blazer body. I have 1.7 fuels with boggers on my Scx, but thinking about 1.55 gold enk's with small tires on my blazer.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

those wheels would look amazing on a blazer. i know im probably the last person on earth to realize this but, man a lipo really woke this rig up, finally decided to invest in a nice pack and wow its a new truck now.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

those wheels would look amazing on a blazer. i know im probably the last person on earth to realize this but, man a lipo really woke this rig up, finally decided to invest in a nice pack and wow its a new truck now.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:33 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyas1989 View Post
The battery tray and electronics box also are cross members and would have to be modified to run the rails at a different width, I'm not sure how much wider or not a sawback chassis is to a trailfinder so it's hard to say. I wish I had some trailfinder tranny and transfer case mounts I could tell you more if it were in front of me. What i was thinking is use the transgender (lol whoops that's what my tablet converts trailfinder to, lol.) tranny and transfer case mount and mount them to the sawback chassis somehow and see what you have.
If your on Facebook join the sawback owners group, there is a guy on there working on a front mount motor and tranny.
hahaaha! the autocorrect fails are the best i always leave them in my texts... ill check out the FB group too. thanks for that i never thought of checking
Old 04-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

I just got my hammer transfer case and tf2 mount and in inches it's 2 7/8" wide.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:56 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster 550 View Post
I'm in the process of getting parts together right now to try a front trans/center t-case. So for I ordered an rc4wd hammer t-case, t-case mount (for trail finder), and an rc4wd blazer body kit. i just ordered that stuff about a half hour ago and now that I think about it, I don't think the transfer case mount will work. Here's what I know... ...tf2 bumpers fit scx10's, scx10 bumper mounts fit the width of the sawback, and the center section of the sawback is wider than the front/rear. If I have to I can always cut down the center skid I made. I'm gonna try mounting the stock transmission up front out of the way of the servo and connect it to the t-case with a stock driveshaft for mockup. I need the body before I can start on a front trans mount to see how far forward I need it to clear the firewall and interior. Just holding the trans up to get a visual makes me think I will need an even longer shaft. Depending on how skinny the transfer case mount is you might be able to add spacers on each end. When everything I just ordered comes in I can get a better idea to see how cheap I can do it, if I can do it. I searched and searched and finally found a thread on one, but most of the pics were not viewable and it looked complicated. I'm no expert engineer so I like simple. Sorry for such a long post, but I'm excited about this one.
Are you going to start a thread while you try to sort things out? i was asking the guy who did the ascender bronco body over the sawback body (which which fits underneath as the interior) if the rc4wd blazer body fits over the sawback body as well, since its got a much wider track than other hard bodies. im curios to see if it fits. sorry ending thread hijack

Sawback Christmas - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Sawback 06ToasterBox G-Made Sawback 86 01-17-2020 01:27 PM
Sawback vs. Sawback Sports scaled G-Made Sawback 6 04-01-2015 09:04 PM
Non R/c SAWBACK Tinrabbit Chit Chat 0 03-02-2014 08:37 AM
Wild Willy On A Sawback [Sawback Solo Run] ifulg G-Made Sawback 1 12-24-2013 08:06 PM