Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Sawback

Notices

Thread: Spare parts for Comp / out of town trail days

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2017, 07:41 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Spare parts for Comp / out of town trail days

I've had my sawback since gifting it to myself last christmas, feel that I run it fairly hard, yet only broken 2 front drive shafts and twisted the main front leaf springs a little. I drive the truck for 1-4 hours per weekend, nearly every weekend since purchase, winter included.

There is a G6 style event coming up not this weekend, but the following here in Ontario. There don't seem to be many comps / events in my province, so this will be my first.

My question is: what spare parts should I try to aquire before the event? I can order through Amazon Prime or pick up locally, but im trying to keep budget to around $100.00

I was thinking of ordering front and rear axle shafts, CVA style for fronts. Possibly extra leaf springs - but prices seem insane on the Gmade ones... will any other brands work without serious modification? High lift springs are available locally for under $30 a set. I believe the generic ones seen in multiple colours seen on Ebay are even cheaper.

I run 7 cell NIMH batteries, and was planning to pick up a third battery, also running a 27 turn Axial brushed motor, WP1060 ESC, TTX300 radio (which I am having issues with setting reverse and brake, but I can make another thread for that) with stock reciever which will be sealed in motor compartment, 3Racing winch, Savox SC9254MG servo which has become increasingly underpowed since building steel bumpers and sliders - but I have the 20kg Power HD servo on the way already. Have a CC BEC to install with that as well.

Thanks
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2017, 05:15 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Spare parts for Comp / out of town trail days

I carry a spare set of CVA, ring and pinion, leaf springs, and misc. hardware bearings and shock oil.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:57 AM   #3

All I have had failing is the joints of the center axles. The small e-clip opped off and the drive pin fell out.
Mr_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I ended up ordering a few spares with what should have been plenty of time, but there was some sort of hold up on the way from China (completely out of the ordinary for the companies I used) and nothing arrived until this Friday (the comp was two weeks ago now).

I did bring spare hardware, leafs, a servo, and some other small items. The only things I broke were both of my front anti-torque twist links - I repaired them and added in the 3rd helper leafs on the front - as the main leafs are all quite broken in by now I still get more than adequate articulation.

Thanks for the replies.
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote

Spare parts for Comp / out of town trail days - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobby Town Oshkosh build days kasper Wisconsin 205 03-21-2010 09:24 PM