Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: indoor corse setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 01:21 AM   #1

Question indoor corse setup

Hay all IM wanting to build a 3 0r 4 gate corse along a wall in my garage the more moveable the better but does not need tobe movable an sujustions on what to use material wise and corse layouts
stppetty43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2008, 04:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Buy a couple 4x8 sheets of Ply wood. Have them split it down the middle so you have 4 sheets that are 2x8 feet. Then buy a few sheets of 2in thick 4x8ft foam Board. (installation) Make your course out of the foam and glue them together to make them any shape and height you need. Glue them to the plywood. Buy some roll on bed liner. Roll it on. Then you can take hinges and mount them on the edges to change the angels more. If money becomes as isse just buy a little every week or when you get paid. The Plywood should be around 5-10 bucks a Sheet. The foam board is $9 bucks at Lowes. The Bed liner will very. Hinges are cheap. Have fun building it and be creative. Post some pic's as you do it...

Oh ya.. Try to buy Grey bed liner. You can mix brown, green paint with it. This will let you change the color and let the bed liner go farther. You might even be able to just use paint and Sand mixed and put 5-6 coats to get a good color and mix for traction also.

Last edited by run2jeepn; 03-12-2008 at 04:44 AM.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Here is a more versital option. You wont get board with after running the one or two fixxed lines on it.

Rearangeable and stackable modular course.
Artificial Rock Course
tooslickforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #4

Thumbs up

sweet I like the milk crate flexability the best but I think ill start with the foam and plywood idea to see if im realy gone to like it then I may move onto the crates thanks for the ideas keep them coming if any one else has any the wish to share thanks

stppetty43
stppetty43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

you can buy dupli color bed liner. it comes in a rattle can or in a gallon. I used it and it works good. needs like 4 coats. or
skate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #6

got any pixx of that w/ the bed liner??
carpenter80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #7

I used 1 ton of rip rap (6"-12" rocks) that I got from the local road construction supplier for around 10 bucks which I stacked on a frame that I built for half my course. The other half is another frame 24" off the floor with various 1x3's arranged in an irregular fashion that has chicken wire stapled onto the top. Then we fastened wire screen onto the chicken wire and spread concrete on top of that, then finally mortar with coloring atop the concrete. It spans approx. 8'x16' of my garage floor and provides a place to crawl rain or shine for around 80 or 90 dollars total cost. We are gonna try to get some pics of it up here soon.
boomchank is offline   Reply With Quote