Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: A few changes in my world...affects VF customers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default A few changes in my world...affects VF customers.

Ok guys, due to life happening, there have been some significant changes in my world of R/C part manufacturing. First off, VF no longer exists due to reasons beyond the world of R/C Rock Crawling. That being said, all VF products will remain available through a division of DNA CADD Works - a mechanical design/prototyping company in Texas and will be branded no longer as "VF" but instead as "DNA R/C Products".

For those of you who currently have product issues that need to be addressed or you feel might have fallen through the cracks, please contact me directly at the email below. At least for the time being, I will be handling everything personally and am working upwards of 20 hours daily in an attempt to keep my products in your hands and maintain your happiness as a consumer. Please bear with me through this major change as I am a mere mortal. While I will be working nearly round the clock for the next good bit (pretty much as long as my wife and 2 year old princess can handle it), I ask that you understand I'll only be able to respond typically between 8-5 Monday through Friday to emails. In addition, I have no idea how much may or may not have fallen through the cracks, so if it takes a few days for you to receive a response from me, I haven't forgotten you, I am just working my way down the list...that or the sketchy internet at my new location is out yet again.

I appreciate you all very much and look forward to seeing you all out on the rocks in the near future!

Don
DNA

P.S. Bookmark www.dnacaddworks.com as it will be my new home page once I get my cuz to update it for me.

Last edited by billet works; 06-14-2008 at 07:54 PM.
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Adilynsdad too!

As always, take care of you and yours first and fawk anyone that does'nt understand!
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
As always, take care of you and yours first and fawk anyone that does'nt understand!

x2 this is a brutal hit for us VF faithfuls but as long as your Don and the world spins, i think the crawling world will be just fine. Regards!
clod & bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
MODERHATER™

Take care Don, and good luck with the new venture. Looking forward to the future I am!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #5
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Keep you head up Don! Hard work pays off and you will get through this. Keep you faith and family first and everything else will fall in line. You have great things on the horizon as the time permits.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
20K Club

They are just toy trucks, make sure the wife and kid are happy.

I will drop you a line on the chassis stuff, take it easy man.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
Moderator Rule Breaker

Don I sent ya an email.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #8
2006 2.2 National Champ

Thanks for the update Don, hope everything works out for the best.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Hope everything works out for you Don. You put out a great product, and is very innovative. If you need anything, you always know how to get ahold of me

Best of wishes, oh and happy Fathers day
Lankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Don,
The Small business world can turn on it's head in a matter of minutes. It is the Family that often takes a silent hit with you. Being able to reformulate & refocus your skills will bring you through to the other side. The journey is not always easy, and the rewards are not always apparent.

Our livelihoods do not depend on driving Toy trucks - it may be a passion , but it's still a hobby. For those of you out there that own or operate a small business, the Job & responsibilities do not stop after 8 hrs... The simple comment to ones' spouse & family that I need to drop by the shop to finish up on a few things, usually means don't wait up -I'll see you when I do.

Don, I appreciate all your contributions to the Hobby, I have a VF DIG that is a piece of art in both engineering & manufacturing. I am very pleased with it's performance & function.

I wish you the Best in your ventures,

Flynfrog / Ron

Last edited by Flynfrog; 06-15-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Flynfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Don,
I understand how the business world is dog-eat-dog, and this hobby can be hard to support a full-time business. Hopefully we don't lose your creative new products for good. Take care of your family first, then worry about us. Thank you for the VF dig unit that many of us are running without complaints.
RaleighRCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the update Don and all the best with the new angle, as mentioned by the many posts above be sure to get in some family time as they are more important than us playing with toy trucks ;)
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:59 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Don, I hope all goes well with the new venture/job. We need more of your products in the future no matter what name their under. I'm glad to have one of the first sets of the narrowest offset wheels you made, even if they were never sold to the public. It's nice to have one offs. Thanks Man

You have an e-mail also.
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Glad to see you are back on your feet. If you need any help let me know.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:17 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Sorry to hear the VF is no longer. I've been a fan and supporter. Take care of the fam and yourself, and good luck with the new venture.
Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote