Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Weight bias

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Weight bias

I finished adding some weight to my wheels and decided to calculate my total weight and my front/rear bias. The total weight is right at 5lbs 10 oz. with 3 lbs 6.5oz front and 2lbs 3.5oz rear. This makes pretty close to 60/40 bias. I was curious to know what some other PPLs bias is. I am running an Axial AX-10 with stage 2 w/bent rear links, 4 link rear uppers, the farthest thing back is the RX which sits on the tranny. Everything else is up front. Added weight consists of 5 oz each front, 3.5 oz each rear, 2 oz under battery plates on front axle, 8-cell battery pack @ 6.3 oz. Any thoughts?
I will get some pics up later.
chops1sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
RCC Addict

ive seen upwards of 18oz on each tire in the front and 12oz on each tire in the rear. He was running a C10TP aswell and ws poppin yokes like crazy, i saw the video lol. Sounds good so far, have you tested it on the rocks yet with that wt dist? You can tell if your off on something depending on what your rig does. You could even go a step further and take 7/8" off the front links and ext the rears, then you would be a true 60/40 set up. just my .2. Good job so far and let us know how you like it
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks, I'm going tomorrow to a friend's place to test it on some rocks. Gonna bring a bunch back home for my rock garden project. I hope to get a few pics and maybe a video for analysis.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops1sc View Post
The total weight is right at 5lbs 10 oz. with 3 lbs 6.5oz front and 2lbs 3.5oz rear. This makes pretty close to 60/40 bias.
i'm guessing that your measuring from the middle of your wheel base measurement, right.................bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
i'm guessing that your measuring from the middle of your wheel base measurement, right.................bob

Actually, I weighed the front axle then the rear and they add up to equal the total weight. then I just figured the percentage of the front versus the whole weight. I'm sure 60/40 is not an exact figure but it gets me pretty close.