Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: rc4wd portals...arrrgh!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default rc4wd portals...arrrgh!

just a little fustrated. let me state a few things before i get started. i bought these portals from here used. it was a tlt/portal package deal. i know this does not reflect the seller in any way. when they arrived i was curious and opened them and they were all in great shape. i did not get a already broken part from the seller.

i did the searches and knew that there are different versions, prone to breakage, and all that $h!t.

after a quick run i stripped the gears in one of the front ones. the rears must have been the first version because it's a two peice design. it keeps wiggling loose. when i open it up to tighten it down, you can't! the damn gear is in the way. you can't remove the gear because it's pressed on. you can kinda tighten it down at a angle but you still can't remove the screw in entirely so i can put threadlock.

so i basiclly gonna give up on them. thanks and aloha for reading my crybaby rant.
keala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Contact RC4WD im sure they will help you out.
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I welded my two peice one's together, fixed the problem, till I got the upgraded one's.

Also anyone that bought the original's were allowed a free upgrade so I find it interesting you ended up with them.

Try emailing RC4WD to see what they will do for you, seem's it would be more productive proir to a post like your's.
H3RESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

actually i did email them about the problem. they just sent me an email with a link to new gears. i guess cause i'm not the original "buyer", i'm $h!t out of luck. oh, i did email them prior to a post like mines. i try to be poductive and do my searches before i ask questions or rant. aloha
Old 10-21-2008, 04:14 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Either we thought you got the version 2 or we read your email too fast. If your is a version 2, basically the latest one, if a gear break, we can send you 1 set of replacement, if it break again you have a buy another set. If you think you have the very original one, please send us an email for a RMA # to exchange for the latest version. It might take 2-3 weeks to process this, since we are sold out.
rc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

email is in process. thanks again. i may have a problem with these portals but they are existing problems that everyone here knew even me. so i hope this not reflect on rc4wd in any way. pretty much my whole crawler is rc4wd products and they are all great quality products.