Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TrailFinder or Tundra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default TrailFinder or Tundra

Got finished a few side jobs, now I have some cash to play with. I am debating on getting a Trailfinder or a Tamiya Tundra. I have not put together a Hi-lift or a Trailfinder, so I have no opinion on quality or the trucks.

What conclusion I have come up with is the trailfinder is all metal, hi-lift is not. Im a aluminum and steel whore when it comes to rc trucks.

I guess what Im asking also, is it a better bang for you buck when you choose a trailfinder? Not to mention supporting RC4WD, who I've never had a problem with...
Renslipevol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Trailfinder

JEFF THE JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
RCC Addict

i would definitly say trailfinder for the same $
emaxxjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #4

Hands down, 100%, positively, no doubt.....TRAILFINDER!!!!!!!

I love tamiya's detail but I have owned many different rigs and currently own 2 trailfinders....leaf and 3 link versions and both are absolutly amazing scale trucks and are hard to beat in any aspect as far as value so theres no comparison......RC4WD make really great stuff.
robertrocha6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Okay!! TrailFinder its going to be. Now im on the fence about leafs or 3-link. The leafs look great, but how do they perform when you compare them to 3 or 4 link? Or am I comparing apples and oranges
Old 10-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

damn, there is almost no comparison. are you planning on going a little fast? high torque/slow? i have a hilux, and wanted a little more flex, i removed the internal spring and went down to two leafs. the axle wrap was really bad and i kept bending the leaf. and ended puting a traction bar on. all that trouble for a little flex. they have delrin leaves for greater flex. the trailfinder is the way to go in mi opinion. if you want scale, then go with leafs or a 4 link parrallel with panhard bar. 3 link is awesome even more awesome.
keala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:47 AM   #7

I agree, on my leaf TF im running the dummy shock and only run one leaf. Once the leaf breaks in,...it flexes just as well as the 3 link setup. The leaf is more scale and just takes a little longer to break in.

On the other hand, if you want out of the box preformance and easy setup then the 3 link is for you. The leaf also take alittle engineering to make the leafs line up with the axle mounts. I had to shim mine to get it to work right. once this is done it awsome.
robertrocha6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:39 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Tamiya Tundra is by far one of the best/scale truck body that Tamiya have ever made. We do have a complete roller chassis (engineered by Katan) for the Tundra coming soon, Racer4Life will be testing the prototype next week, hopefully he can post some pictures and provide some feedback soon.
rc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #9
RCC Addict

to keep it scale & functional, i went with the leafs up front and the 3 link in the rear
emaxxjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by keala View Post
damn, there is almost no comparison. are you planning on going a little fast? high torque/slow? i have a hilux, and wanted a little more flex, i removed the internal spring and went down to two leafs. the axle wrap was really bad and i kept bending the leaf. and ended puting a traction bar on. all that trouble for a little flex. they have delrin leaves for greater flex. the trailfinder is the way to go in mi opinion. if you want scale, then go with leafs or a 4 link parrallel with panhard bar. 3 link is awesome even more awesome.
do you have a pic of yours with the traction bar on it?
Akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaxxjeremy View Post
i would definitly say trailfinder for the same $

How do you like those shocks with the leafs and what size are they?
Akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Well, I found a Trail Finder at my LHS. I had to buy it. With the Canadian dollar at its lowest level in 3 years, and the hobbyshop buying it at par, It was like buying it on sale.