Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Droop setup help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Droop setup help

I'm in need of some help on my TLT with bruiser chassis. I've got it leafed in the front so Im not worried about that, but the rear is 4 linked, and I have it setup like everyone else runs their bruiser chassis TLT rigs, just a little differently. Whereas most people have their shocks mounted on an L channel bracket facing up like thishttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/gilaguon/rearbump1.jpg (I stole this from 1BJB's chino clone thread posted by fokai) my truck is running TLT shocks, mounted on an L bracket facing down, and the shocks are fully compressed at ride height. I have it setup this way because once I get the truck running my plan is to do a drop bed on my F350 bed. But my question is, since Im going to be turning down my shocks like everyone does to keep it scale, what suggestions for internal springs and a starting oil should I use? Does everyone use springs in a droop setup? I know I'm gonna have to fine tune to my crawling area but I'd like to get the truck in a running setup soon since I've had these axles since the TLT came out ages ago. Also if anyone has any tips and tricks on how to make the TLT shocks perform at their best I'd appreciate it too. Thanks guys
Jim511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links