Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New to crawlers what do we need

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default New to crawlers what do we need

my son and i are taking up crawling just want a couple crawlers to use at our local gravel pit after running our bajas. been looking at the axial almost ready to run. what do you guys recomend we wont be entering any compotitions
mtgrizzlymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Depends on your budget. The ARTR scorpion is a solid rig, and if you've already got radio gear you'd just need a servo, ESC and motor to complete it. The only catch, is that if you really get into it, building a 2.2 can get expensive fast. The Losi Mini Rock Crawler is a great rig if you're on a budget, mine is basically ready to run any comp, and I'm into it about $310 including the cost of the truck itself. If I ever give in and buy a 2.2 class crawler, it's going to be the ARTR Axial.

Last edited by Trike Kid; 11-08-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgrizzlymn View Post
my son and i are taking up crawling just want a couple crawlers to use at our local gravel pit after running our bajas. been looking at the axial almost ready to run. what do you guys recomend we wont be entering any compotitions
what you need is a fool proof plan, an air tight alibi, and a 15 minute head start.....

the Losi MRC is a nice choice, they come with a 2.4 gig radio and are truly ready to go, {batteries for transmitter included} not a big pile of after market parts YET, but the things only hit the market a couple of months ago.

Axial are larger and have a TON of after market goodies, if you use your transmitter from your Baja's and add an new receiver then you don't really need a full RTR kit.

as for the Axial they also have a KIT that is a loose pile of goodies and you supply the motor, EXC, Receiver, servo and battery. The benefit of this is you REALLY get to know the truck as you assemble the kit.

As a first timer I would suggest the LOSI, however sense you have experience in the off road area I would suggest some flavor of AXIAL.

of course my opinion and 89 cents will get you a large coffee at 7/11 IF you bring your own cup...

just to let you know my experience with the two models, I have bought a pair of LOSI MRCs one to stay mainly stock {do the lowering etc.} and a second that is going scale. I also bought an AXIAL kit and will be assembling it on a new frame, also going full scale {defender 90}
dostacos is offline   Reply With Quote