Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 4 wheel sterring, you can have it all...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 4 wheel sterring, you can have it all...?

well i went to the LHS today and spent just a little over $800 today one of the things i got was some new radio gear. i got a JR XS3 radio. i was fliping through the book and realized, oh hey thats right this radio can mix channels, duh. so with a little thinkin i realized you can have it all when it come to 4 wheel sterring. because you can program up to 6 different models on this radio you use up 2 model memories to do it. just get everything set the way you want it, trim, EPA, blah blah blah; then just mix the 3rd channel with your steering. then for the second model memory just copy the first, the JR radio makes this easy, and then just reverse your mixing.

there are a few draw back to this how ever, #1 you cant have the 3rd channel opperate anything; its where your second sterring servo plugs into. #2 you have to turn the radio off, turn it back on while holding the scroll and channel buttons, then select the second model memory, then turn it back off, then turn it back on again.

but the good thing is you can decide how much to mix the rear sterring, so you can have it turn real hard or just a little. plus the thing is a breaze to set up once yo read the manual, so you can make small adjustments out in the field w/o having to carry the manual with you.

well this is just my two pennies on the subject, let me know what you all think.
Nomercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2004, 07:44 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 4 wheel sterring, you can have it all...?

thats what I do too. But found that just leaving the steering in regular 4ws and not messing with it works out fine for me. Keeping it simple seems to be the way to go.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:46 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

BTW,
What did you spend the other $600 on?
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:09 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

well thats probobly what will happen here too, i just thought it was an idea id run by everyone.

as for the other $600 i got new zombie max tires for my savage, 2.2 proline dirt hawgs and hpi 2 sets of hpi super star rims to mount them on which are now for sale because there to big and my TL-01 cant turn them. 2 3 shoe clutch kits for my savage, buggy shocks for the TL-01, emaxx sliders, 72 tooth spur for the emaxx tranny, a new body, decals and paint for my TL-01, 2 more recivers for the JRa reverse modual for the savage and i think thats it, not real sure.
Nomercy is offline   Reply With Quote