Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Micro Crawler Build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Talking Micro Crawler Build!

hello i have started converting my micro dt into a crawler, nothing special, just for tabletop indoor fun, i know its only two wheel drive and it has no 'potential' but i dont care so check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

front flex \/

rear flex pics

I ran out of parts so i just used the steering rods for the rear flex works reaally good for something so simple!\/

body mock up\/

cable for motor wont reach - any suggestions???

could i use super glue as a quick fix for this??\/\/

how do ya guys like it!?!?!? perty neat, eh?
i would like to know if you guys had any suggestions about how to set up the steering?????????????????????????????????????????? ???
jms222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

cut , extend the wires , shink wrap the wires.

nice , I like it.
buju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:46 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

thanks, but i have decided to scrap the project because there was no possible way to hook up the steering(with what i had to work with), and i did not have some necessary parts, i did allthough made some upgrades, i'll post pics of that tommarro, i made it have 90 degree articulation!! but since it had no way to steer it then i just took it all apart and put it back together like the original one, now im gonna try to save up some money to get the brushless system, and that cool new proto type desert truck body that makes the dt look more scale.

i recommend someone that has had more experience with stuff like this and lives somewhere in the city so you could by needed parts (i live in galena, ak, the only way to get here is by plane, boat or snowmachine!, so i cant just walk up the street to a rc shop to get parts whenever i want)--- anyways, i recomend that anyone that is lookin for a little project and has a mini t, or dt to try to make one of these micro crawlers.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Friggin sweet mang!!! Finally somebody else that had this idea! Every time i mod the ax i sit and stare at the micro thinking about how to turn it into a crawler....Only thing is, there isn't any parts to do it! If only i had a cnc...
bighitbomber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

all i used for most of the parts were pieces of a NOS energy drink can and erecter set peices