Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: waterproofing help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default waterproofing help

i just got my new hilux early for christmas and i want to make it fully water proof but i dont know if i need to water proof the transmission or the axels because i dont want them to get rusty.
4x4wheelier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Before you assemble just spray all the metal (steel) parts with WD40 or a light coat of 3-1 oil. You could go as far as taking RTV silicone and sealing up the axles and tranny, but I have not done so and hadn't gotten any water in my axles yet. Could also fill between the two bearings in your axle with dielectric grease (easy cleanup "clear") as for the tranny with grease i wouldnt fill it but maybe smear a little on there, basically on the in and outputs and the case halves where they come together. As far as your servos you can spray them with plastidip spray (easily available at lowes or HD) then smear a little on the output with dielectric grease and take a silicone o-ring from a shock and put that over the output between your servo saver and the servo. For your Receiver I'd just out that in a baloon, same as your ESC
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote