Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: rear transmission troubles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2005, 10:45 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default rear transmission troubles

Hello today I purchaced a jeep 1:18 and on the second charge the rear end started slipping... so I tore into it and found that the thing that connects the last planitary gear to the gear that drives the gear on the axle is slipping along... well I tryed a few things to help it with no luck. And better yet when I put the whole transmission back together it is very hard to move... I tryed putting it back together many different times and it seems to get wores...? the motor can barely turn the wheels now.... Anyways what should I do here? Has this happened to others? Is there anything to fix this one or should I exchange it for another? Any answers would be greatly apreciated!!! thanks a lot woody.
woodymaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default rear transmission troubles

Even if you read this and have not had the trouble I would like to know that too because I am going to exchange it for another one tommaro and would like to know if this is going to happen again because they are just junk or did I just get a junk one? also I would like to know how long you've had it and if you have had any troubles at all.... thanks a lot again.. woody.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
the thing that connects the last planitary gear to the gear that drives the gear on the axle
The black drive dog between the two spurs?

JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:53 PM   #4
Powered by Awesome

my buddy had that problem with his front end yesterday on the 1:18th's first run outside.. it lasted like 2 min... if that.. ended up getting a 1:6th to "show me up" , gotta break out the TX and whoop him.... annnyway... he didnt tear into but i asume it was the same problem, my 1:18th is going strong with no problems... maybe they have some tard building stuff and the ones he builds are crap. IMO
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:13 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

no it's inside the orange part of the transmission pictured. the last planitary gear is in there and what connects that to the orange gear outside in that picture has wornout and slipping already... and I have ran it twice? the one in the picture is the front one and I am haveing this trouble in the rear one. thanks for the picture to clear things up though! hopfully you now know what I'm talking about! lol thanks for the help so far!
Old 09-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #6

when you get your new one take out the 3 screws holding all the gears togeather and locktight them with some real locktight that will help alot front and back motors when they come from the factory the locktight they used if they used any at all is crap but some real stuff in there and be carefull not to take the gears apart when doing this!
crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

alright will do! thanks for the help I like your location... in the woods lol thats funny
Old 09-19-2005, 03:11 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Well good news my second jeep is working just fine. I went out to the rocks at a park a couple of times now and if it was going to break like the first one it would have... so thats really nice. I will be doing some painting and detailing to make the thing more realist and to personalize with in the week. I may take pictures but all I have is a camracorder at the moment and the pics arn't all that great with that... we'll see.