Old 02-22-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default check it!

few pic off my super rig...n e tips?

hansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Stats, man! where the stats? Cool looking rig, though.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
RCC Addict

ADVICE : Get A real Clod ...that Chinese piece of crap will start falling apart as soon as you hit some serious rocks ;)
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

That's why I was asking for stats on it. Didn't look like a clod. Kinda dinky pics...
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadHunter View Post
ADVICE : Get A real Clod ...that Chinese piece of crap will start falling apart as soon as you hit some serious rocks ;)
hahaha u must be mad hating on a truck u dont even got
n e way i have been crawling on rocks for a while and the axles seem to hold up beeter thatn i thought.....i removed the axle skids to increase clearnace but feared i took away the axle bracing by removing skid but axles are nice n strong so i aint worried......

im running stock motors with 12t pinion they r 27 t but they aint bad i like the wheel speed of the stock motors tho will be getting lathe motors what should i get 55t, 45t, 35t? i was thinking bout the 35t

the esc is stock looks like dual motor mayhem esc it came witha fan and i have had no issue with the esc or motors

i was running 4ws with TP MG 995 servos but my rear servo crapped out so im back to 2ws until my new servo comes in the mail TP MG 946r. but until then ima try out a front dig system by using the micro swith to cutt off power to the rear motor......BTW i have a CC BEC: output 7.2v

i did a few mods to the chassis n pretty much recycling stock parts, first i removed axls skid and f/r bumber, narrowered the chassis to 2 inches, set up droop suspension with mini-t shocks for internal springs,and fabbed custom skid out of a cutting board. o n trimmed down the stock foams.
in stock form the truck was awsome but now its ready to enter a comp....it crawls so much more stable now!
i just orded a JC illuzion rock steady body, TP MG 946r, and dig switch. so ill update u gys when i get those mounted

also wjat do u guys thinks is more effective in super class comp....front dig or 4ws? i only got 3 channels so i gotta decided wat to do ima try out the dig tho wen i get in the switch.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Why not run both 4ws and F&R DIG. I do and I only run channels. you just need a reversing y harness to run both servos at the same time.
mavicracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavicracer View Post
Why not run both 4ws and F&R DIG. I do and I only run channels. you just need a reversing y harness to run both servos at the same time.
haha yeah i figured that out last night.....but just a front dig....
i was testing how the front dig would work with my rig so i unplugged the rear motor.....it didnt really "DIG" like it suppose to instead it just dragged the truck along....
Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

you need to wire it so that it locks the motor. look in the berg section, do a search. there is loads of info on how to wire it up so that it works to your needs.
mavicracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Good to see you got a crawler again!

And good to hear it has been working good for you! After all that's what matters

Get some action pics Man!
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 AM   #10
Who's your Daddy-0!

7.2v on your BEC is what fried your servo. Get it set for 6.0v and I'm sure you won't have to worry about loosing another servo Looks like you need to lengthen your upper links a bit. As for motors for a super go with 55t or up. That will help you stay away from clod stall......
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:47 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
7.2v on your BEC is what fried your servo. Get it set for 6.0v and I'm sure you won't have to worry about loosing another servo Looks like you need to lengthen your upper links a bit. As for motors for a super go with 55t or up. That will help you stay away from clod stall......
x2...just thought of it for me....thanks!!!
the3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

the servos i am running r rated to be ran at 7.2

o n i plan on making my own bent lower links soon and i will also shortening wheel base to 16-16.5
i alos jus ordered some moab xl the ones igot right know r just knock offs.......o yeah ima try n custom a skid using a cutting board so i can mount the lower links inside the chassis will post pic wen im done

Last edited by hansom; 03-04-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

looks cool but whats in it or did i miss something
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
looks cool but whats in it or did i miss something
wat do u mean electronics? um stock esc stock 27 t motors cc bec and 4ws with tp pro mg 995 servos.....will be adding a dig as soon as my shiit comes in...
Old 03-05-2009, 03:40 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

got some shiit on order for my rig.....um some
40 series xl moabs tires, rc4wd shock mounts, (2)rc4wd 5.11 bennt links, (2) rc4wd 6.3 bennt links, and a moped v16r plus......im still waiting on JP costoms to send me my servo,body, and dig switch.......im pretty dissapointed with thier service....its been almost 2 weeks and the confirmation number says shipper ONLY electronically notified usps for shipping my stuff. n it took them a week just to send it out, how ever i also delt with ckrcrc and they have much better customer service i got a servo replacement comming in the mail......O yeah and Integey started listing parts for this rig so i ordered a few gears for back up....i still havent gotten around to getting some 55t motors...well that will be next ;P
Old 03-18-2009, 03:26 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadHunter View Post
Nice comment. I'm mad.

That rig looks pretty cool! I would add it to my collection.

Mike
mikesativa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesativa View Post
Nice comment. I'm mad.

That rig looks pretty cool! I would add it to my collection.

Mike
thanx b....the truck just suprisees me all the time.....i broke one gear in the axle but who doesnt break grears in there rig....i dont got n e problems withe gears n e more...n im running a 3 cell lipo now

i gotta post up some updated pics of my rig